Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where in Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a small chance business will take me to Japan early new Year. Will be travelling with my family (all good skiers) and hope to be able to add five or six days at the end. From what i have seen Hakuba or Naeba look like best bets as we will be in Tokyo. The main UK travel agents all seem to go to Hokkaido, any recomendations and tips to improve the visit for a once in a life time visit????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hakuba is definitely the go - great snow, great terrain, very rarely any crowds, great restaurants and easily accessible from Tokyo (less than 3 hours by bullet train to Nagano and connecting bus).

Here's another post of mine with some info on Hakuba hotels:

------------------------------------------

Two hotels in Hakuba definitely worth checking out are the Hakuba Luna Hotel (www.hakubalunahotel.com) and the Sports Hotel Terry (www.hakubaterry.com)

Both are in the Wadano Forest area of Hakuba Happo-One. Hakuba Luna has a better location (really close to the Sakka Quad chair) but Sports Hotel Terry is also very good

As these hotels are in the Wadano Forest area, they're very close to the snow, but you'll have to catch a village shuttle bus or a taxi a few kilometres if you want to get to Echoland (the main nightlife area)

The disadvantage of staying in Echoland is that you have to catch a shuttle to and from the snow each day

If the restaurant / bar area is more your style then check out either the White Horse Arctic hotel (www.whitehorse-hakuba.com) or Hakuba Hifumi hotel (http://www.hakubahifumi.jp)

There are definitely more luxurious hotels than these 4 (e.g the Tokyo Hotel), but all 4 are very comfortable and great value for money

Hakuba is awesome. You'll love it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had fun at Hakuba 3 years back - unfortunately it was a bit warm but with good snow (which is common) it would be a fine place. Naeba is one I would liek to try too - good friend of mine loves it there.

And Niseko is where the pow is, terrain less interesting than Hakuba, but man it snows there. I made a little video of of our 2 Japan trips. It's not great but will give you an idea.

http://youtube.com/v/U7rZbJ6Fqzg
'
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can also vouch for Hakuba - I had a week there in january before last & really enjoyed it. The links with tokyo were quick & easy, pretty well everything about the skiing was cheaper than, or at least competetive with, the prices I pay around europe & we had inches, sometimes many, of fresh snow every day !!

these sites were very useful

http://www.snowjapan.com/

http://www.hakubahotels.com/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going to Niseko in January with a bunch of mates.

Jal airlines and staying at the Black diamond lodge for 10 days with 3 days in Tokyo when we arrive.

We are looking for freshies, there is a thread in the snow reports section by Mike pow, his photo's sold us it!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Sparkzer,
Your're going on the dream hol for me.Can you let me know what kind of cost you are looking at as 3 mates are looking to do exactly the same to the same lodge at around the same time but with maybe 1-2 days in Tokyo on the way out.I've mailed the BD but have not got any prices from them for accomodation,ski guiding etc.
Cheers,
briand6868
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey Briand

So far it has cost us around £1000pp - that includes 10 days at the BDL b and b and Flights from Edinburgh - Tokyo - Saporro return, bdl are going to collect us at the airport I think.

We are staying in Tokyo for 2 nights when we get there so will need to find somewhere to stay but its not that expensive if you don't want high end hotels etc.

So lift passes and spending money and evening meals etc - I'm budgeting about £2000 all in, but could do it a whole lot cheaper I reckon.

As you say, its the trip of a lifetime so I wanna enjoy it!

We had to mail the bdl a few times but have finally sorted the accom out - we have 1 x triple and 2 x twins.

The flights are £690 return and the BDL works out at £300 give or take with the exchange rate.

Hope this lot helps, get it booked and come get the freshies with us lot!!

Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy