Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isère & Tignes are turning white

Poster: A snowHead
Val d'Isère & Tignes are turning white!

Is this the last time the web cams will be showing grass until May?

I for one ,(Tignes Boxing Day) hope so..........
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oh good, I've been very worried - Val D on Jan 9th, admittedly 8 weeks away, but still I want a good base built up Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thing is, there's still time for them to turn brown..... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski, (I'm going 4 December!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really cold today. I've been watching Arc 1600 turn a kind of off-white colour since this morning, but no sign of a decent dump. Even had a few flakes down in BSM at 840m. I'm going to the glacier on Thurs and possibly Friday, will take a few snaps to get you drooling, Maggi...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG,
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, Have fun ! Is that for a week ? I get my first fix on 3rd, Zermatt for the weekend.............. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, if there is no snow in Val d"Isere, then generally you can be reassured that there is no snow anywhere in the alps. I will be keeping my fingers crossed as well though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cold round our place too - snowed in the village (600M). La Clusaz also turning white.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm getting quite excited now.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm gonna be in Val D for Christmas! Wahoo!!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me and my wife are going to Tignes on Boxing day too. Snowplough where are you staying, maybe we could meet up sometime if you like.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yay, it's looking good!!

Colin, I'm off to Tignes with my wife and baby daughter on Boxing Day as well. Slowplough and I briefly discussed meeting up - the more the merrier I should think. We were going to sort out details nearer the time.

We're going with Ski Esprit and I think we're staying in the Terril Blanc in Le Lac. But I might be wrong!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin Vince,

Montana Apartments in Le Lac, where are you staying?

As Alan said we can make some arrangements for a meet nearer the time.

Can't wait to snap those skis on.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are staying in chalet Atlas and are going with Total ski ~ only booked last week a bit of a so called bargain £200 off. Not having been there before I dont know the lay of the land but as you say we could sort that later. Its good to know its turning white but I find I am wishing time, and my life away. Cant wait to get there.
snow report
eitherway keep your fingers crossed !!
snow report
can't wait myself. I'm in Tignes on 16 Jan - arriving by first class snow train with 8 days skiing for a total cost of £291 inc travel, transfer, top class accomodation and food.

I would be wishing the time away if it were not for the fact that i am off to Oz for 3 weeks on Friday (yes, you can now hate me but i don't care !!!!)

sorry, am a bit p!ssed!
latest report
Tony Lane wrote:
(yes, you can now hate me but i don't care !!!!)

I hate you however,my hatred is moderated by the fact that I'm off to Les deux Alps on the 3rd of Jan;and will be skiing an afternoon with Easiski Cool

Then,at Easter,will be spending 2wks at Sir PG's place in BSM.2 weeks in Les Arcs and surrounding area;av it Toofy Grin
snow conditions
snowskisnow, so you hate me now, and I'll hate you at Easter. Seems fair!!

(now a bit hungover)
ski holidays
So do we need to have a 'Who is spending the most time on Snow this winter competition ?' Obviously those of us living/working on the snow should be disqualified ....
snow report
Im so tempted to go on the uni trip to Val on 12th December -sooooo tempted
snow report
I'm actually an eskimo, typing this from my igloo, therefore I think that I win the "who is spending the most time on Snow this winter competition". What is my prize, and where do I collect it from?
snow report
Obviously the Nottingham and Mansfield mentioned in my profile are arctic ice fields!
snow conditions
Well, it is a bit chilly here today Wink
ski holidays
Kramer, 'Obviously those of us living/working on the snow should be disqualified ....' - nice try tho' !
latest report
maggi, if you think it's cold there ... back on topic, Tignes is turning whiter, with a bit of help from modern technology. Not much more than a couple of inches this week, but at least it's cold at the moment. VERY cold! Today was borderline unpleasant, unrelenting, bitter winds. Hence just a few snaps at altitude - it was the sort of temperature where you had about ten seconds after taking your gloves off before losing all feeling in your fingers!

Today's pics...
snow conditions
Excellent - thanks for those PG.

Looking promising - 6 weeks to go!
ski holidays
PG, Great pics thanks. A load of mates are coming to Tignes the first weekend in December.....getting very exited !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lovely pics,how lucky are you snowHead
ski holidays
Opening bid for non-season-worker: 3 weeks.
snow report
Thanks, PG. Put me off a bit though, reminding me just how cold it can get. I've only been to Tignes once (staying in Val at the time) and it was the coldest ski resort I've ever been to. Minus 16 in the day - and God knows what windchill factor. Brrrrr
ski holidays
NickW, I'll see ya! Three weeks for me too, December, Feb and March - but new leave year starts on April 1st........ Madeye-Smiley
snow report
maggi,

not that I'm competitive but . . . no that's not true, I can't claim that.

I skied in Big Sky, Montana once and it was -26, not particularly windy but even so.

My little special friend came running over virtually in tears, threw her gloves off and shoved her hands under my jacket, whilst telling me that she thought skiing wasn't all that great. Or words to that effect . . .
ski holidays
Hah! I've got 2 weeks and 9 days - that beats your paltry 3 weeks NickW & maggi NehNeh
snow report
Only got 15 days booked so far Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Do days on plastic count ?
snow conditions
PG, thank you for the pics!

I'm there for a week from 12 Dec. If I can work up the balls, I'll extend my holiday until xmas. Wish me luck!
latest report
Manda, let's hope the cablecar's back in action by then!
snow report
Manda wrote:
PG, If I can work up the balls,
Sounds like an interesting technique!
snow report
xxx

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 12-11-04 15:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy