Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Not that I'm interested or anything, but I hear they have a 125cm base
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do I detect someone who has just got a deal to go to the snowHead 's "favourite" resort?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got to be better than last seasons early weather when I bought a pizza in La Thuile with a deeper base than the snow in Les Eucherts!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still, I'd rather be going to ski in dodgy conditions than my current season situation. No money, baby due during ski season (I mean what were we thinking!!). No skiing. Sob.

Happy Birthday johnboy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pitchski,

Cheers, we were in La ros last Jan and had a day of rain. Was a bit miserable, so wanted to give it another chance.

Looking good at the moment snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Only 19 sleeps till my second trip of the season Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was a silver lining last season. We so wanted to see some snow that we went to Les Contamines for half term, loadsa snow!!

I may be miserable about this season, but I still love seeing loads of snow. I hope you have a cracking Christmas. snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
According to the Skiclub snow reports La Rosiere has the best snow depths on both lower and upper slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy wrote:
According to the Skiclub snow reports La Rosiere has the best snow depths on both lower and upper slopes.

But isn't that always the case????
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were in la Ros feb 1/2 term 2007 but still had the best ski week of our lives
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.larosiere.net/?page=12

Looking good.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More on the way snowHead

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Rosiere/map
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

johnboy wrote:

But isn't that always the case????

I was there before xmas last year, reported depths of 30cm odd.... boy, they sure have long grass and tall pebbles in La Ros! Had a fab week all the same.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charli939,

Oh, I know, but 125cm base will be good, no matter what with more on the way.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnboy, Easter 05 We skied there with a 50cm base in resort. Never saw a stone or rock on piste.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

I have no doubt the snow quality will be superb above 1850m. Really hope the tree runs are open this year. They look fab!!!
ski holidays
johnboy, snow forecast Friday to tuesday, with very unsettled weather to follow. You certainly picked the right christamas to go skiing. Fontain Froid is wonderful, and a proper red. The 2nd year we went we had one day of very high winds and we did Fontaine Froid and Ecudets (black) all day long in the shelter of the trees. We had a fantastic day and despite having good weather again the next day, we still squuezed in another Fontaine Froid run. If you get some fresh snow then go straight to the top of Tetras and 1/3 of the way down cout accross to FF. When coming back up I would catch the drag and get off at the "DO NOT GET OFF SIGN" where it runs parallel to Tetras.
ski holidays
all joking apart, the marketing blurb (indeed back up by the good ski guide) does seem to indicate that La Ros get's a decent amount of snow, and it'd better be true as I'm off to try it myself over Easter Smile
snow report
From the cam, it looks like there has been a wee bit of rain at 1850m. But now looks to be snowing again.
snow conditions
Still dumpin this morning. Very Happy
latest report
Looks like a massive dump due tomorrow
snow report
johnboy wrote:
Looks like a massive dump due tomorrow

I think 13ft was mentioned. If so, watch out for the worlds greatest skier in an old monkey suit and bicorn hat.
ski holidays
Still Snowing snowHead
ski holidays
What is the connection between La Rosier and dumps Laughing Twisted Evil
snow report
boredsurfin,

You lot are a bit sore on poor old La Rosiere. FTS to the rescue!!!
ski holidays
johnboy, It's all in very good fun! You should see some of the Nasty stuff about Montalbert on here Very Happy
latest report
johnboy,
Quote:

FTS to the rescue

I understand he has bought the whole resort

for a week in January wink
snow report
boredsurfin,

Yeah, I know!!! From my very limited knowlegde of La Plagne, Montalbert looks like a nice spot to stay.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, Our choice came down to Tignes or Montalbert........ snowHead
latest report
not looking too shabby on the old "hut roof" snowdepth test Smile

latest report
kitenski,

Snow stayed on that roof all of last season. Lokks to be snowing heavily again snowHead
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
kitenski,

Snow stayed on that roof all of last season. Lokks to be snowing heavily again snowHead

But last week it was bare and wet.... IIRC
snow report
johnboy, we want to see you waving a flag on the webcam on xmas day. So all the rest of us in blighty can see someone having a decent time.
snow conditions
pitchski,

My pleasure
ski holidays
If I got a can of red spray paint and wrote Snowheads or Johnboy in the snow on Christmas day, would that work? Could they arrest me for doing something like that?
latest report
If its snowing that much, they'd have to be pretty quick to notice!!! Cool

I'd have to say that I did look up at the roof last year and wonder how I'd get up there...... We know its possible as there have been tracks and footprints up on the roof. The problem seems to be that there are lots of people about who might not share in the humour of the moment.

...but a can of red spray paint would certainly do the trick. You could argue that you were marking out a downhill course and got lost. I am sure the locals would laugh into the small hours about that one!
latest report
200cm at 2400m
160cm in resort
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked Very Happy
latest report
And it's still snowing.
snow report
Looks amazing - I can't wait! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy