Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here so thought I would call by and say hello - can't believe I just found this forum!

Unfortunately no skiing for me this year Sad Something about having to pay for a wedding next year my better half tells me... But gives me plenty of chance to plan a good trip for the year after!

Guess I'll just have to ski vicariously through everyone on here!

All the best

Weevil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welcome along
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
EvilWeevil, welcome to SH - have you not heard of ski weddings?

On a more serious note - stick around - this forum will be able to answer every question you want - and a few you never thought of asking
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris wrote:
, welcome to SH - have you not heard of ski weddings?

What a wonderful idea! I think mid-summer on the east coast of canada should keep us out of mischief...! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome btw
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello, and welcome. I'm in the same situation as you:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29136
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to snowHead's
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to snowHead

It is hard work, but ayear without skiing can just about be done!

As time goes on it will get easier to go - she may be glad to get rid of you for a week!

Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
afcbtim wrote:
she may be glad to get rid of you for a week!

No chance! She's as big a ski nut as me!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
EvilWeevil wrote:
afcbtim wrote:

Then I refer to you again to Boris' post further up Twisted Evil

Welcome to snowHead! Great user name - why can't I ever think of good user names?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
EvilWeevil,

Quote:

afcbtim wrote:

on the other hand then, you may be glad to get rid of her for a week then!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
EvilWeevil, I have full sympathy! My OH and I got engaged in the summer, we're getting married in 2009 and as I got him hooked on skiing when I took him on his first skiing holiday last year with most of my skiing-addicted family we are both a bit traumatised about the lack of skiing in our near futures Crying or Very sad The family are off for a 2 week holiday in Meribel in March and as they have a big apartment booked we can go and stay for free, so some sort of skiing for next year at least, tho think the whole 2 weeks is out cos of lift pass prices... but def no skiing in wedding year.... We did think of putting off the honeymoon for 6 months to go to Canada (I suugested he could treat me to the Vancouver Olympics and some skiing in Whistler Very Happy ) - but kind of seems like we should really have the honeymoon straight after the wedding, otherwise I guess it's just another holiday really....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vivski wrote:
seems like we should really have the honeymoon straight after the wedding, otherwise I guess it's just another holiday really....

vivski, Nah, my friend did exactly that, got married in October, had a couple of days away in a nice hotel & then went for 2 weeks in Canada just after Xmas. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I do despair when even keen skiers want to spend such ridiculous sums on their weddings that they can't afford to go skiing. Don't they realise that, with global warming, it might be nothing but summer beach style holidays before long? You don't need to have a ski wedding (a bit tough on the family and friends) but what's wrong with a ski honeymoon? Nice simple wedding, have all the friends and family, don't do competitive.... then loads of cash left for a ski honeymoon.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
pam w, don't panic.

According to the OECD report, "Climate Change in the European Alps", even with a 4 degree average rise in temps, 83% of stations in the Swiss Valais will still be able to provide 100 reliable days of snow cover per season.

I agree about the weddings though. wink
latest report
Quote:
kind of seems like we should really have the honeymoon straight after the wedding, otherwise I guess it's just another holiday really....
honeymoons used to be a really, really big deal - if you'd never done it before! But now, when most people have been living together for yonks anyway, making a big production out of a "honeymoon as opposed to any other holiday" seems a bit pointless. Especially if it leads to missing out on a ski trip.
ski holidays
vivski,
Quote:
but def no skiing in wedding year....
Crying or Very sad You will have to get your fix from the plastic. Smile

and belated congrats.
ski holidays
EvilWeevil, welcome along.

Don't forget that if you start having sprogs that could also mean winters without skiing - I missed out last year cos my wife was due in Feb - bad timing, so plan properly; and I'm only getting a long weekend this year cos I don't wanna be away from the family for too long!

Gotta get the boy into skiing early!
snow report
Went skiing for my honeymoon and there was no way that kids were stopoing me skiing either, though they restrict what you can do a bit.
ski holidays
pam w, well, luckily for us my family are paying for a large proportion of the wedding but it is still going to cost us quite a bit and seeing as skiing holidays are our annual luxury usually it will just have to go that year - and I have to say that I am as mad about skiing as anyone but I only intend to get married once so forgive me for wanting to have a nice wedding that all of our friends and family can come to and enjoy the day with us - much as I love to ski it is something that hopefully we will be doing regularly for a long time as opposed to the one wedding. And maybe we will put off the honeymoon for 6 months or so and have a better ski holiday than usual in 2010 Very Happy we do want the honeymoon to be a big deal cos we will have been together for a few years by the time we get married but cos the OH is in the Navy he is not here much and so far last year's ski holiday is actually the only holiday away we have had together.... It is our choice to have the big wedding but doesn't mean we can't be sad about missing out on the skiing!

gsb, Thanks, will def be getting my plastic fix - tho it's a tough choice cos not doing the plastic racing might save us enough cash for a snow holiday Confused and mum wants to ban plastic racing at the start of the 09 season in case I end up walking down the aisle covered in cuts and bruises Laughing might try and get her to buy me body armour for xmas as a compromise Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy