Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

21/22-26 Dec - new skis & single: got room for one more, or wanna team up?

Poster: A snowHead
Toofy Grin The boss has just given me the 24th Dec off! I think my new skis have already formed a chorus line with my boots, trousers and jacket because I can hear Bob Gibson's "Talking Skier" coming from the wardrobe. I know they won't shut up until I get something sorted.

I'm told I'm not the worst company and I'm happy to ski with the crowd or just bosh about on my own, whatever works.

Have you got room for one more (budget flex. £450 hopefully incl. tvl) or are there any spare floors, sofas, etc.... out there for these few days? (chip-in & £'s of course). Alternatively, is anyone interested in teaming up to get a twin room somewhere? Top picks are Tignes, St Anton, LDA, ....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No replies yet?

Blush I've brushed my teeth, and gargled, so let's try this again.

Hunting around for a deal I've found a twin room in La Tania (3 Valleys) for £384 pp incl TVL – the catered chalet has a hot tub and is really close to the slopes too! (under 100m and only 4-800m into town)

Out 22nd rtn 29th Dec. Flights from Gatwick to Chambery only.

You can decouple the travel costs if you're traveling from somewhere else or you can't go for the whole week, like me. Then the cost is £249.

I'm now hunting down flights and transfers to get me to work on Thursday.

Any takers?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no replies bit i bet you have has loads of PMs though Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Puzzled If only that were true. I'm not very experienced at this sort of thing but I figurered there must be a few snowHead snowHead snowHead that would welcome the chance to make a bit of beer money from hiring out their sofa or might be equally 'single' and open to teaming up. Did I pitch it badly?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 6-12-07 18:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would love to join you but if I was missing for Christmas Dinner I would suffer a faith so horrible if I told you it would be censord! Best of luck with the search
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Ordhan, I feel better already Very Happy . Good luck with the Turkey and hopefully see you at MSB or EoSB.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flowa, did not think it was badly pitched and hope you get some company.

Off somewhere else the other side of the pond on the 22nd so have to decline but good luck.

Also, I sometimes think this area of the forum is not as well visited as others so perhaps drop a hint in Apres and see what happens wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice-one Hofmeister, I'll try that. Have a blast over the pond Cool.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hofmeister wrote:
Flowa, did not think it was badly pitched and hope you get some company.

Oh I dunno, I was all set to sign up and then the gargling put me off Wink

Actually, I've travelled with, skied with and erm even shared a room with Flowa and shes not completely psycho at all and only gargles where entirely appropriate Wink

I think it's often tricky finding people for Christmas week, especially last minute, as everyone who has family arrangements is tied in and everyone who has slipped out of family arrangements has already booked.
Still, keep trying - it's only been a couple of days snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ta Ad-min Little Angel . I've just had a lovely pm from a Knight in shining armour so I think I'm going to be alllllllllright. xxx
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did someone say sofa Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fancied it but there is not much snow there at mo. You up for st Anton if we can find a deal,you intrested?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier! Toofy Grin saucy! Shocked Shocked I was trying to keep this on a higher level, you naughty boy! Blush

New, thanks so much for the interest but I've committed to my Knight already. I really was finding it very hard to get a half week deal and he has saved me from all that (though tvl & tnsfrs are presenting their own issues now - but I'll lick it. No! Fenlandskier, down boy!) ..... New, good luck with your hunt and sorry to decline.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flowa, Whats TVL?

How much is the entire trip
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Plectrum, I forgot the 'r' but meant travel.
Not sure about the whole cost, I'm still hunting for the right transfers and so forth. It's amazing how complicated/expensive a mid-week return makes things - especially, I suppose, as it's Xmas wk. That's not a grumble though; there's skiing a foot! Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm driving down early/midweek if your stuck for flights transfers - Southwest-m25-Dover-Calais route happy to team up. I'm off for a midweek 4-5 days'ish heading to St Foy area
snow report
Cptsideways, Thanks but I'm all sorted for the train already. I love the train but it definately pays to book early!!! Still the flights weren't that much cheaper (because I wasn't flying the conventional Sat-Sat) and this way I'm getting 5 skiing days (rather than 3 if flying) so all-in-all my per skiing day rate is way down Very Happy. Have a great break. I don't know St Foy at all - do hope you'll post at bit about it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy