Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort near Geneva this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all, I'm flying to GVA Sat 8th Dec am with my sister for 3 nights somewhere snowy. This is her 3rd short trip - she's a beginner with a low pain threshold. I had thought of going to Crans-Montana, but though it theoretically opened on 24th Nov, there has only been 1 red piste open. A couple more lifts will open this weekend, but that will give max 2 blues & 2 reds & poss 1 black - not really enough for 3-4 days.

Any better suggestions warmly welcomed! Is the Mont Blanc tunnel still closed? If not, might Courmayeur be an option? We'd like to let public transport take the transfer strain, and will consider all countries accessible from GVA.

All words of wisdom hugely appreciated - thanks! snowHead [/img]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vetski, tunnel is open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know how much of Courmayeur is open vetski, but would say C-M is a better ski area for a near beginner.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman wrote:
vetski, tunnel is open.

but not tonight.

Avoriaz is prolly a good French bet for the coming weekend although there will be a lot of skiing open.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiclub is saying that courmayeur was closed today due to bad weather - snow doesnt look great though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there yesterday, some nice powder stashes to be found but very icy on some of the pistes. If they've got the snow that's arrived here though, things might be much improved by next week! There was a lot open.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
vetski, We can help you out in Morzine to ski Avoriaz where there are some great beginner slopes open and so is the ski school if she needs a lesson. Have a look at our site and send us an email.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Back yesterday from Avoriaz, a lot of snow fell. Took a while to dig out car, skiing was good and an added bonus to start skiing PdS this early. The doom sayers that drone on about "Global warming" have got it wrong. The challenge I laid down looks like I won!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vetski - another vote for Morzine / Avoriaz. Plenty of skiing to be had. And there'll be deals to be had on accommodation.

Roy Hockley - are you out over Christmas / New Year?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PhillipStanton, Alas no but some friends are, I have to wait to the end of January Sad , We will have to meet up some time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all, but I've decided to go to Tignes instead - I've skied a lot in PdS, so would rather go somewhere else. All comments much appreciated, though! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy