Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent twin tip for majority piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys. I wonder if any of you can offer any help. I have about 4 weeks skiing under my belt, mostly on piste. I have the ability to pick things up pretty quickly and was confident on fresh reds and blacks (ie Jockeys) around Courchevel within a few days. I don't how to class my ability but would most likely say advanced intermediate?

Anyway I am 24, 6'3" and weigh 85kgs. I am looking into hiring some twin tips to try out for my week in mid-january. Most of my skiing had been done on piste as I said above, although I did enjoy the odd foray onto the side of the piste. I would like to explore this further whilst being able to maintain a fast yet un-aggressive nature on the pistes.

Ideally it will be 75% piste and 25% off-piste with maybe a couple of experiments in the park (initially). I'm not interested in a debate as to my necessity for twin-tips, because I already know these are the skis i want to potentially purchase if things work out.

I have been doing a bit of research and from what I can tell I'm either looking at a K2 PE, Scott Punisher or the old Volkl Karma? Which of these do you guys feel would suit my stats, current requirements, and ambitions the best. Also what length. I must say I feel more confident on a shorter ski (relative to my height) as I find it easier in the turn but any thoughts on this? Also any other suggestions would be awesome.

I am not going to jump into the purchase of skis for a while yet as Im gonna spend my cash on getting some decent boots fitted this year, but would like to hire a good twin tip to enjoy myself on.

Thanks for your help people.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Geeman, try dynastar trouble makers, ive got a pair and they are pretty good fun, hold and edge fairly decently (in all fairness mine are used mostly in the park and occasionally some bumps) ive got the 175's and im 6' and 10 and a half stone... don't know what that is in real moneys...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hire the lot, if you can. One of the best things about renting is being able to swap whenever you like. Tipping helps the process, especially when swapping a 180 for a 174 at lunchtime, just to see...

The Karma is now the Bridge and has been beefed up a bit, so might be bit wide for lots of pistey stuff. Worth a try out though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look at movement skis, relatively unknown brand.

Good skis. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agree about Movement, have a couple of pairs for of Gladiator model for all-round use (one with touring binding). Pretty stiff ("progressive flex"), and go-anwhere. Hear the Movement Karma Sutra is a belter too - see loads of telemarkers on them for some reason
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy