Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez or Serre Chevalier ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to do a week late Jan and have narrowed down to Alpe D'Huez or Serre Chevalier
I have been to Serre Chevalier about 15 years ago - has it changes much ??
Looking for somewhere with a good selection of reds and blacks with plently to keep your interest for a week - Went to Deux Alpe last year and felt had gone it all in 3 days !
Seen a good deal on Chalet Asters anybody been there ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have never been to Serre Chevalier but have been to both ADH and LDA and agree about LDA being a bit 2 dimensional, ADH is more open with quite a varied amount of runs and should hold your interest for a week if the snow is good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kwakazx6r, Hi have skied both resorts, and they are both quite different. ADH as a resort is a bit soul-less and it is mostly above the tree line. There is a famously long black run from the top station which I have not done (or avoided maybe) Madeye-Smiley . There are good opportunities to travel around to other satellite resorts such as Auris, Oz and Vaujany. Good solid resort with plenty of intermediate ski-ing and more than enough for a week. On the downside it is mostly south facing and therefore the snow can suffer sometimes.

Serre Chevalier is at a lower altitude and comprises 3 village resorts - Chantemerle, Villeneuve, and Le Monetier. In contrast to ADH there are many intermediate runs through the trees - The guide says ski wherever you like and no surprises. Most of the reds are at the lower end of difficulty. Possible to ski back to your resort provided conditions are fair as plenty of snow making available.

Was there last Xmas and conditions were better than most. We are also repeating this Xmas as our daughter is the Skibound rep. in Villeneuve.

Helen Beaumont who has an apartment hereand Snowangel who has a Chalet business here both regularly contribute on Snowheads and will no doubt offer advice if they pick up the thread.

So two totally different resorts both with plenty to offer in different ways. Personally I prefer Serre Chevalier but then I am 60+ Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy