Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kinder lessons Tamworth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Kinde lessons this morning with my son and my nephew. My son passed level 1 last time but my nephew had to repeat it today.
Nephew's lesson completely disrupted by two of the most badly behaved kids i've ever seen. As a result he had hardly any tuition because instructors were dealing with two naughty kids and he ended up failing it again. Seems really unfair he now has to repeat it for third time when i'm totally sure he'd have passed if these two boys weren't there. They even started knocking his hat off etc when he was waiting in line then wouldn't get out of way when it was his turn to come down. Mad

Anyone any similar experience of lessons being ruined etc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
garethjomo, I had a boy once who did that sort of thing. I told his parents that if he didn't behave I'd refuse to take him and they wouldn't get their money back. At the end of the week he was asking why the other 2 boys were doing better than him - weellllll .......... go figure. The only people I've ever put 'not current' immediately on my database - don't want them back!!! Shocked

You should complain and insist that they do something about it. If necessary the instructors should have the back-up to deal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
garethjomo, that's awful. Poor kid. Definitely not on, but I doubt if there's much which can be done after the event - did you complain strongly at the time? No good being too British about that sort of thing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
garethjomo, I had a similar thing happen at xscape in Braehead when it first opened. Not that the child was badly behaved just that he had been booked into the wrong class and couldn't cope with the lesson. He kept knocking all the other kids over and the instructor spent all her time picking him up. I marched onto the snow like the stroppy b*tch that I am and suggested, very politely, that they put him in another class which they did. Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
garethjomo, Go buy the 2 offender's a can of Coke each, then spike it with Clinical Strength L.S.D., i doubt whether they'll bother anyone ever again, althouigh you might see them wondering around town jibbering to one another, in which case knock off their hats and stand in their way. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, 'clinical strength LSD!' It blows your mind, while killing 100per cent of all known germs. Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
garethjomo, you really need to complain about this. Lessons at Tamworth are relatively expensive, so why should you subsidise such behaviour. Make it clear that you expect the instructor to be able to deal with kids that misbehave, to th extent of removing them from their lessons.

IME, though, instruction at Tamworth is bloody awful. The groups are quite large for such a small space, and the instructors don't seem particularly bothered about instilling basic piste safety rules in their groups. This often results in large lines of beginners strewn across the piste or bunched up at the bottom.

If this had happened at your kids' school would you let it slip?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hyweljenkins, I'm going to send an e mail complaining. At the time it would have seemed like sour grapes to complain because he didn't pass the lesson. I also wasn't there at end of lesson when it finished as i was with my son on the other slope. My sister in law was with him
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
garethjomo, I'd do it by post. Give them a ring to find out the general manager's name, and write to him/her directly. EMail doesn't carry the seriousness of a letter.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
garethjomo,

Chief Instructor - Tim Carter
Man at top - Martin Smith

hyweljenkins, of course, it never used to be like that in my day..... wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
garethjomo, you should complain. They take this kind of thing seriously at the Snowdome, and they should, at the very least, give him a free lesson to make up for it. I've been applying for a job on the fitness/gym side of the operation and I've been very impressed by their customer service ethos. Give it a go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy