Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any one know of a good place to hire skis in Meribel please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
place called i think freeride.fr is good, a couple of minutes walk from the chaudanne and usually have a good selection
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
freeride will also deliver to your chalet. they arent cheap though.......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, As you seem to have a lot of local knowledge wink Could you be so kind as to point me in the direction of a decent ski hire shop in meribel centre.
I am going to Meribel for a lads weekend end of January staying very central at La Taverne Hotel and I am wondering whether we would need a ski hire shop with a locker facility near the bottom of the piste/lifts@chaudanne,or if we can get back to the hotel (there does seem to be a piste that runs around the back of the hotel) it would be good to dump the skis somehere nearby at the end of the day.
Any advice most welcome Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rest of my family who didn't have own skis used Freeride last 2 years we've been to Meribel and found them to be excellent - booked online before we went and first year they went to the shop tp pick stuff up, last year got stuff delivered to chalet and even tho my OH had never skied before and wasn't sure of exact requirements they brought a selection of stuff and he was easily sorted. They had a really good selection to please dad and brother as well who are both really good skiers and wanted good SL/GS skis..... they hired the same skis I bought and they were pretty new and well maintained...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yep Freeride have a good stock, biased towards off-piste / twin tips but got a some good piste skis as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Which shops to go to to buy? which to avoid? Looking to test now for a day or 2 then buy, for me and maybe the other half.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Freeride are a good place to test and probally have one of the largest ranges (I think) ?
They nomally do a 2 hours test for free (after leaving you credit card), if you want longer i.e a day you can pay a hire fee which they deduct from your purchase.

Most places will let you test for the price of the hire and then knock it off a purchase.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for freeride - I did a test day for free, got to try 3 pairs of skis for 2 hrs each, in the end I only tried 2 pairs cos the guy in the shop was really good and was also honest with me that as I wanted a slalom ski there were only really 2 that would suit - luckily for me one was the pair I had been eyeing up already! Anyhew, got to try 2 fab pairs of skis and bought the first ones.... they weren't cheap but were no more expensive than skis in any other shops I saw in the area... and I think freeride were the only place stocking the exact skis I bought Very Happy I have since bought the other skis I tried online from sport conrad for dead cheap to use for plastic racing here - bonus of getting to try multiple pairs at freeride meant I knew what they were like and that I would enjoy skiing on them so could order cheap from the web with no worries about not liking them once they arrived! Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy