Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Alpe D'Huez?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It looks like we're going to go on a 'diy' group trip to ADH in Feb, so I'm after some hotel recommendations please folks. We'll probably end up going for B&B and eating out rather than half board although this hasn't been fully debated yet Toofy Grin

Anyone have any suggestions? I found Le Chamois whilst searching last night which looked pretty reasonable - has anyone stayed there?

Thanks,

Jon.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am also doing a DIY trip with a friend to ADH in Feb- from the 2nd to the 9th and have decided to stay in the Hotel le Castillan (they have a website that is easy to find on google) There's a good review on tripadvisor.com and if you're also going in the first week of Feb it's still low season and they do B&B rates which seem very reasonable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr. Will, many thanks for that - I'd not found this one. We're going 3rd - 12th which may be an issue as most places seem geared up for a one-week stay, but I'll see what they can do. Starting to panic oh so slightly, having now booked the flights!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jonm, Dr. Will, we are also thinking of one week in ADH from 12th Jan having already bought the flights but I don't think I will bother looking at accomodation until after new year. If it's out of season ther is no panic, choice will be plentyful. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm probably looking for 1 night on 25th Jan for 6 in 2 rooms.

http://www.hebergement-florineige.com/hotel/accueil.html

This is the one I'm considering. I've not been the ADH before so dont ask if it's OK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jonm wrote:
Dr. Will, many thanks for that - I'd not found this one. We're going 3rd - 12th which may be an issue as most places seem geared up for a one-week stay, but I'll see what they can do. Starting to panic oh so slightly, having now booked the flights!

Cool well wherever you end up staying keep in touch, me and my friend Andy are always up for some beers and since he's a beginner on snow (with a few dry slope lessons under his belt) and will be probably having lessons in the morning could do with some company in exploring the black runs in the morning before I meet up with him for lunch and ski with him in the afternoon Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr. Will, will certainly keep in touch but I'm afraid I won't be much company for you on the black runs, this will only be my 3rd week skiiing and I'm not up to that standard yet unfortunately... In fact I'll be having lessons too, no doubt.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy