Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski gear professionally cleaned and waterproof in LONDON

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place where you can get your expensive ski jacket and pants professionally cleaned and waterproofed in London, UK?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rena_bena, Welcome to SnowHeads. Good question.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rena_bena, welcome to snowHead!

I think most of us just put the gear in our washing machines. I'd recommend using natural soap flakes, no added chemicals, and don't go near a tumble dryer. Once done, spray them down with Nikwax reproofer.

..but other methods are also used!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
rena_bena, welcome to snowHead!

I think most of us just put the gear in our washing machines. I'd recommend using natural soap flakes, no added chemicals, and don't go near a tumble dryer. Once done, spray them down with Nikwax reproofer.

..but other methods are also used!

Wear the Fox Hat -
I agree with everything you say EXCEPT I think you SHOULD USE THE TUMBLE DRIER.
It redistributes the waxy stuff in the water repellent coating ( like the Nikwax stuff ).
In fact, Nikwax recommend you use the tumble drier.

I'm also a fan of using the wash-in Nikwax stuff in the washing machine
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TJon,
Quote:

you SHOULD USE THE TUMBLE DRIER.
It redistributes the waxy stuff in the water repellent coating ( like the Nikwax stuff ).
In fact, Nikwax recommend you use the tumble drier.

I'm also a fan of using the wash-in Nikwax stuff in the washing machine

I agree. Have I got deja-vu, or has there been a very recent thread on this?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just washed my gear today as it happens.

I use Nikwax and find it pretty good.

Sadly I don't tumble dry as I don't have a dryer, but if I did I would use it. It does make a difference...'cos sometimes I use my Mum's!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tumble drying will re-invigorate the water replellent coating, but set it on the lowest heat setting. Do check the instructions though, as on some garments the heat can cause the tape sealing the seams to come adrift.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rena_bena, Welcome to snowHead

I was stuck in a traffic jam last night outside a dry cleaners in Pont Street Knightsbridge, next to Agent Provocateur (underwear shop) & they claimed to clean ski wear. I've not tried it myself though - I normally go down the Nik-wax in the washing machine route myself.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A bottle of febreze should do the trick wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wash garment with this
http://www.gear-up.com/cart_showproduct.php?pid=1142

then waterproof with one of these
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shopscr2108961.html

Nikwax also have products for Soft shells & gloves etc
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/clothing/product-care-waterproofing.html.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wash? How on earth does ski gear get dirty? Unless you go to those riotous Austrian apre bars Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Walking through the mud in Montalbert I would imagine wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TJon, my reason for using spray-on, not wash in, is that the wash-in stuff coats the inside of the jacket as well as the outside. That reduces the breathability of the material, because it won't let the sweat/steam/etc out. So I spray it on the outside of the jacket after washing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
boredsurfin, Walking through the mud in Montalbert I would imagine wink

rolling eyes That's what the sedan chair is for! Laughing But is only required very late in the season obviously Laughing

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 29-11-07 11:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, that does sound v logical.
snow conditions
I throw away all my stuff at the end of the week and buy new kit wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy