Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help the force of the dark side is too strong

Poster: A snowHead
Am i a border? I have ski's, boots, sticks and everything ski related. But after three days boarding in courcheval last year i now find myself looking at boards in ellis brigham, and those all in one yellow ski suits don't seem half as appealing any more. I am even contemplating leaving my skis at home when i go to mayerhofen at new year.

Please help im having an identity crisis have i gone too far am i now a dark sider?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You most certainly are AD (A Darksider?).
Mayrhofen is a good boarder resort,great for learning & building confidence.
Great bar at the Base of the Penken,i'd avoid the Ahorn as it is (Was) 2x Drags & a long black to the bottom.
As for Ski suits.........there are still a few (Mainly French/German) who insist on wearing them,while Boarding,though discouraged it does supply endless laughs & a good target for Snowballs!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers (Mr T), don't actually mind the drags but i will keep off the black run just yet. Athough i did seem to pick boarding up quite quickly, im in austria for 9 days so maybe on the last day the ahorn will be mine.

I am feeling darker by the day is any one out there who can stop this madness before the metamorphasis is complete?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AD, why stop it? just embrace it!

welcome to our world (and to SnowHeads)

(PS you can always keep your skis for icy days)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welcome to our world...........just go with the flow (Wink) and jump straight in with both feet!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AD-are you going on the coach then? Or driving yourself.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aint gettin on no plane fool!!!! sorry mr T couldn't help myself
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quit the Jibba Jabba Wink ! How you getting there then?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.the-ateam.tv/sounds/bashutup.wav
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am flying, is that bad?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr T has an aversion to being airborne Razz
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"I Ain't Afraid To Fly, And I Ain't Afraid Of No Monkey's Either!" http://www.the-ateam.tv/sounds/baaintfly.wav

"I Don't Like To Fly, And I Don't Like Being Pushed Out No Airplane" http://www.the-ateam.tv/sounds/badontfly.mp3

B.A. - "Even If This Plan Works I Don't Wanna Go"
Tawnia - "Sooner Or Later Decker And Crane Are Going To Be Up And About, They're Going To Come After You Guys"
B.A. - "I Don't Care, Let Them Come. I'm Not Going On No Chopper And That's Final!" http://www.the-ateam.tv/sounds/baplanworks.wav
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fool!

No just wondered how you were getting 9 days thats all.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All Austria ski hols over new year seem to be 9 days, france is 5 days for same price probs. it will be nice to go skiing and feel like you can have a couple of relaxing days. I went away last new year and felt like I needed a holiday when I got back home.
snow conditions
Sounds fun,good place if you like Grolsch-9 days is a defo bonus.Sadly due to funds...& No Leave available from my tossy company,Xmas breaks are just not possible.Now a lottery win (More than the tenners i get once in a blue moon).would change things! Wink
latest report
Simon (Mr T), www.igluski.co.uk are doing 2 for 1 over x-mas at the moment, there are some amasing deals out there! I saw £250 fully catered, inc flights & transfers in Tignes/Val D'Isere on Sunday.
snow conditions
Dan,i get weekly email from Iglu,seen deal already.Ok thats sorted.....can you arrange for the Director of BT to give me an extra weeks paid leave at that time!
snow conditions
........i'll have a quiet word for you...........
ski holidays
Ta Matey........You're not related are you?
ski holidays
whise your at it dan have a word with thr director of BT an ask him if you can stop people ringing my house constantly trying to sell me things but especially those bulk callers that are not there when you pick it up therefore not giving you the chance to tell them to f^%$&ck(*&off
latest report
Simon's allways try to flog me "friends and family" after our chats about boarding. he's a bug for that. rolling eyes
snow report
Family and friends thats a laugh, i wouldn't be on this forum talking to complete strangers if i had any friends Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink
ski holidays
Darkside update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just bought a gnu board also a nice pair of vans boots with the boa system got them on right now. The force of the board has now officially darkened my door.
Is there any way back for my sadened ficsher skis.
latest report
GNU Carbon High Beam? A board legendary for its versatility and value for money! Top respect!

Ditch the Fischers (sounds like a german toy maker!)

Once you go dark, you stay in the park!
snow report
Its good for a Lark.
snow report
But please don't fart
ski holidays
Oi Kev......don't u start!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This thread seems appropriate for me to announce my move to the Darkside!!! Laughing
Just bought my first pair of boots yesterday - some nice red Burton Sapphire's and a new attitude at the same time!!!!
My trousers are gonna be baggy and I've loaded some radical tunes onto my ipod!!!!

Anyone who uses Gloucester dry ski slope can have a laugh at me over the next few weeks as I try and get some technique before hitting the snow slopes!!!!
snow conditions
Another member to the flock of darkness!!!! Muhahaha!! Twisted Evil
latest report
Gotcha! Skullie
ski holidays
Yep! the dark side has called...
(but i'm taking my ski boots on holiday as well - just in case!)
Now off to look on ebay for some cheap impact shorts hopefully!
ski holidays
Whys that? Keep the door open to the chalet while you nip to the pub?Surely a door wedge'll be lighter! wink
latest report
Simon (Mr T), I'm sitting here wondering wht you'd use impact shorts to wedge a door open . . . great . . . anotther Altzimers moment!
snow report
Maybe the ski boots......... Puzzled
ski holidays
!!! Laughing !!!!

p.s. has found 2 kinds of protection - the full shorts or this kind of thing....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7124856870&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
looks intriguing and possibly less bulky than shorts - any opinions if someones used this sort of padding?
latest report
mountain mad, camping mat is a lot cheaper!!! It'll be just as bulky as short are you'll need to wear somthing to keep it in place, infact how does it stay in place, at least the shorts would keep it all together?

Not sure what the need from all this impact protection is needed for, if you really do fall properly it aint really going to help.
snow conditions
I've actually sent that q to the seller! but yep camping mat would be cheaper!!!!
What do you mean its not needed though - all my boarder mates have said its essential as I'm going to spend at least 3 days falling on my ar$e!
snow report
i guess i've forgotten about falling all the time when starting out.............now the fall on the coxyccx - yes that does hurt! I had used to use camping mat for that when starting out but don't use it anymore, i'd go with the camping mat & a bit of duct tape to hold it in palace Wink NehNeh
ski holidays
Back from mayerhofen im now officially a snowboarder!!!! I had my skis with me used them on the second day and then repacked them ready for the trip home. I spent the next 5 days trying to get to grips with the board, on about the third of the five days my balance angles and weight distribution just seemed to come together meaning i spent the last two days on reds looking for small jumps. I cant wait for the next trip to see what stage i get to. It took me about three weeks on skis to get to a comfortable ability (being able to do reds safely) it took three days on a board. Although it must be said getting off steep banked chair lifts is a nightmare and don't even mention drags. Just a word on mayerhofen though and that word is QUE'S.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy