Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am going skiing in early march to Les Gets. There are a few of us going at all ages. I am a moderate skier, went to California with school for a week and had lessons every day, managed to do all the blacks there.

Will there be runs that I will enjoy because from what I have read it is mainly good for kids?

Is it almost guaranteed snow at the time we go?

I am staying in the "Le Chasse Montagne" hotel, has anyone stayed here?

Is it good?

I am looking for all the advice need really.

Thanks!
snow report
 brian
brian
jdayuk, welcome to snowHead s.

Yes, I went to Gets in 2006 and had a great week, loads of good skiing for all standards. You can always plan some mega-excursions across the Portes du Soleil if you fancy a change, but the local Morzine-Gets area is pretty big. It is quite low, so the snow right down to the village might not be in great condition but I'd be very surprised if there isn't plenty of it in early March. Only other possible downside is a very high Brit-quotient, it can seem a bit like an alpine extension of the Home Counties at times.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is something for everyone in Portes Du Soleil so don't worry about that! As for "guaranteed snow" I think you already know the answer to that. Les Gets is rather low but even if snow if patchy low down Portes Du Soleil area will be excellent early March so you'll find plenty of snow somewhere closeby so don't panic.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds good, I have another question:

Will there be long ques for the ski lifts, as someone told me europe resorts have big ques?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
jdayuk, if it's the 1st week in March, then you're still in the French school hols so it won't be quiet, but not the hordes of UK half term plus French hols you get in February. The lift system there is excellent, mostly modern, speedy, detachable chairs so even when the lifts are really busy you'd be unlikely to wait more than a few minutes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jdayuk, if at all possible, the second week of March will be far, far, quieter, though because Les Gets is popular with UK skiers it's never that quiet.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think we are going in the UK school holiday's as I am still at school.

As long as we arent waiting 10-15 minutes+ it will be good!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jdayuk wrote:
Will there be runs that I will enjoy because from what I have read it is mainly good for kids?

It may be part of the the largest linked ski area in the world, but that doesn't matter! When I was staying in Morzine I headed over towards Les Gets a few times. Meleze is a red leading down into Les Gets, and I could have spent almost all week on it... snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha sounds good.

I also heard that the blacks in the USA are mellower than the ones in Europe, is this true?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jdayuk, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

This is a picture I took looking towards Ranfoilly (Ranfoilly is above Les Gets) in March this year. The runs in the picture are red runs.

Click for larger picture.

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Le Chasse Montagne is up the Chavannes road between the village and the mid station. A good 20mins walk to the village. It has recently been renovated and looks very nice. It's almost opposite the Folliets chairlift and you can ski back to the hotel door! It has a great terrace for lunch and apres ski drinks and has fantastic views over Les Gets and down the valley. The skiing is great. I've lived here for 4 years and never get bored of it, there's something for everyone.
snow report
 brian
brian
AlpInsp, welcome to snowHead s. That extra couple of hundred metres up the Chavannes road can make the difference between rain and snow as well.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome to snowHeads AlpInsp.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Obviously spend too much time outside having fun as I didn't know about this site til recently.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jdayuk, that location sounds ideal! Have a great trip.
ski holidays
AlpInsp, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

I hope you stay around and keep us updated on the local conditions Very Happy I'll be in Morzine in March.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great picture Sage.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy