Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Svindal has been hospitalised after a crash in training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alpine skiing World Cup champion Aksel Lund Svindal has crashed during the first downhill practice at Beaver Creek (US). He was taken to hospital, and had 13 stitches to a deep gash in his left leg. He also lost several teeth but is not thought to have broken any bones. However, he may not be fit to race in Beaver Creek later this week, when downhill, Super G, giant slalom and combined events will be staged....The accident happened as he came off the final jump into the finish area on the Birds of Prey course. At the moment, he is top of the overall standings, 234 points ahead of Benjamin Raich, who is in second on 166.

From: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28112007/58/svindal-hospitalised-crash.html

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 29-11-07 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad
Shame that, he's been skiing excellently so far this season and is/was a red hot favourite to take the overall Men's World Cup again this season. Hope he's back soon

Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32526
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is not good! Hope fully he will get back on his feet asap so I can go back to annoying my friends with my over overzealous patriotism! (see signature below Smile )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
now reported to be in intensive care to try and reduce the risk of infection to the deep facial wounds Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh dear, the news gets worse Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apparently, his doctor has said Askel underwent hours of surgery to mend broken facial bones, is expected to be in hospital for another 3-5 days, and is expected to be out of action for months.

http://www.pr-inside.com/overall-champ-svindal-out-for-months-r322773.htm
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
el Hen, crikey, that report made me feel rather faint. Shocked Poor bloke.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ouch,
nasty crash - can't understand what the Norwegian coach says at the end of the clip but I'm sure he slips in a "$hit happens" at one point Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hywel, omigod! Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saw the crash repeated on Eurosport last night, not nice Shocked Hope the recovery goes well, and we see him back on the slopes soon.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hywel, he was just recounting what svindal hinself said after the crash! And yes, svindal, did say shite happens!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I believe Aksel will not ski much on this season anymore. At least he won't fight for the gold. Of course I wish he will get back to slopes soon, but the news are not encouraging.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had a sleepless night on Monday and ended up (by chance) watching an hour and a half of Ch 4's ski programme where they showed the crash! Horrifying to see! From the footage it looked like a loss of concentration, though with the visibility low and the emphasised rollers owing to lower snow depths, the course looked a real b@stard!

They shortened the run, starting straight into the more technical steeps which clearly had many competitors literally on the back foot.

Bodie Miller had an unfortunate start when his poles slipped as he pushed off. Probably cost him a podium.

On the Herminator's run, I think it was Martin Bell who suggested that he just isn't the same person anymore - less focused and growling as he was before his injury. That was the commentary during his run. Think he finished 11th. Still not bad I suppose....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Reports are suggesting that Svindal will not race much more this season, hope he makes a full recovery and comes back.

The Herminator hasn't been the same since Ebarharter has not been there to compete with and Hermann will be 35 tomorrow. Hermann has pulled out of the next Giant Slalom race in Bad Kleinkirchheim and wants to concentrate on the speed disciplines. I suspect he wants to put in one more win (or at least a place on the podium) before announcing his retirement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy