Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing 18th till 24th Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have booked flights for a friend and me to Geneva on Tuesday 18th till Monday 24th December. Work committments have restricted us to these dates. Can anyone advise on wheres the best place to go skiing, thought about Val D'isere or Val Thorens? Just need to sort out accomodation and ski hire, if anyone has any good sites or tips they would be really appreciated. Thanks

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
twosips69, welcome to snowHeads. A good place to start would be the Tourist Office - they will be able to help with sorting out accommodation, especially as you are trying to book a 'non-standard' stay of less than 7 days which doesn't start on a Saturday. Contact details of the tourist office or the accommodation agency will be on the websites of those resorts, and they will speak English if you don't speak French.

Will you be hiring a car from Geneva? If you do this link will be good for discounted car hire.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
twosips69,
If it were me going I would want somewhere with a bit more in the trees if the weather is bad. It looks like there may be a good base without having to go very high though this could change. I would think about places like Verbier Chamonix Les Arcs La Plagne as alternatives still plenty of high stuff if there is a thaw but some tree linesd stuff if the weather is bad. You may find valley based hotels most willing to put you up for a non standard week heading for xmas. Agree with rob@rar, the tourist offices are the people to contact.
latest report
 brian
brian
rob@rar wrote:
especially as you are trying to book a 'non-standard' stay of less than 7 days which doesn't start on a Saturday.

... and runs into xmas week. Tuesday to Saturday will be no problem but you might struggle to get an advance booking for the Saturday and Sunday nights.

In the Swiss direction, what about Zermatt ? It's got very high skiing, has caught some good early season snow and of course has the Matterhorn.

Oh, and welcome to snowHead s.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all your comments are much appreciated. Im going to spend some good time after work this evening having a look around, it appears like theres plenty of snow around its just the accommodation which may be the biggest problem
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
right then, found some resonably priced accommodation which was rising in price so bit the bullet. Were going to Val D'Isere which is good cause Im taking a friend whose never skied before and I learnt there so figured he could. So I land in Geneva on tuesday 18th Dec around early afternoon. best way to get to Val from there, train to Moutiers, or is a bus better. Any ideas?

Also Ski passes, just book them on line along with equipment for my friend?

Sorry for all the questions Ive only been a couple of times and always been in a big group never organising all the little things Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy