Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

canada help please!

Poster: A snowHead
anyone got any good sites for late deals to canada? been searching and have exhausted all the top sites after googling 'late ski deals'. i'm looking at anywhere in canada, 2nd jan for 10nights with one mate. have found a couple just under £600 b&b.
any help appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How cheap do you want it to be wink

IMHO that's a good price.

I assume you've checked Crystal and Thomson on their own sites.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
where you flying from mate?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FasttrackSki comes up with Banff for £503

http://www.fasttrackski.co.uk/ski-holidays.php?search_country=Canada&search_resort=&depart_airport=&depart_date=2008-01-02&board_basis=&duration=10&go=Search
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
search crystal ski-10 nights jasper 529 banff 569 fernie 585 whistler 807 all from heathrow
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
if you go direct with companies as theres only 2 of you you miss out the single occupancy charge so.. Zoom for flights Banff Airporter for Transfers and Banff Lodging Company for hotel!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
any london airport... yeah i've searched crystal and have my eye on the £503 one!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
£459 room only in Jasper

http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski/Prices.aspx?type=acc&code=CGB:I2120

but it's a bnit early for really late deals, I reckon
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
how late have people left it before? never really done late deals, always book month or so in advance
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latest I've done is 8 days. I know that admin has confirmed at about 10.30am for a 4pm departure...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wow thats good going!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mark_20vt, if you want cheap Banff book it all seperate you'll do far better than with a tour operator!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rossfra8, That seems extremely unlikely, since the cheapest flight I can find for that date is £485.

So you reckon on getting the transfer plus a week room only for £20?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mark_20vt, for each of the last three years lastminute.com have had incredibly cheap deals with Inghams for a wide variety of dates to many resorts served by Calgary airport. There's no way of knowing whether these will materialise again this season, but it is a consistent theme.

The deals tend to be published in Jan / Feb for travel at any time except for school holidays - unfortunately, though, this might be too late for you. As you might expect, availability tends to be very limited and the deals sell out quickly. As a guide, in 2006 I paid £349 per adult for 10 days in the Pine Inn (slopeside but basic) in Panorama, sharing two to a room. Last year's deals were even better but we travelled independently as we needed to stick to school holidays. Prices have historically started at £289 for 7 days if you share four to a room.

If you're willing to take a risk, hold tight and keep checking lastminute. If all else fails, bag a last minute deal to Europe and go to Canada next year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Banff Aspen Lodge 10 nights $652 US per person based on two sharing, room only all taxes included.
snow conditions
Best deals for Canada are either

a) If you want to go somewhere specific book with Inghams as soon as the preview brouchure comes out (Normally January). Make sure you either use their internet site (internet reductions) or get a travel agents to match it (which we did this year) We were £600 each this year including lift passes and equipment rental etc.

b) if where you go isn't too critical book in the last couple of weeks for a 'allocated on arrival'. From what I can gather this tends to be Banff if the airport is Calgary as this is where the bulk of the accomodation is. (But can't be guaranteed to be Banff).

Hope this helps.
latest report
My brother just so happens to live out in Canada and he can often do good late deals. Try contacting Tom on www.rocky-peak.com.

Good luck!
snow report
alex_heney, clearly not looking hard enough! must just be prices this year as i did it all for £500 in April! (flights inc all taxes accomo and transfers)
ski holidays
Inghams just e-mailed me an offer for 11 days 5th Jan out of Gatwick if thats any use. £463 pp with taxes based on 4 people, £501 if only 2 people.
Square deal out of Calgary. You don't know which resort you'll get but hey they are all good. I went on this deal two years back & got Panarama it was good but would want some where different. Think you can specify resort at a little extra cost. Cheapest flights are £400+ with zoom at the moment so its a no brainer.
snow report
latest i can fly is the 2nd... cheers for all the adbice so far peeps!
latest report
http://www.canadianaffair.com/ Sometimes do cheap flights. I think they're linked to Thomas Cook.
ski holidays
Rossfra8, I think part of the reason flight prices are so high is that he wants to travel out on 2nd of January, which is still part of the New Year peak period. There are cheaper flights available later in the month.
snow conditions
yeah, i know going at that time of year is going to bump the price up but have to go then, thats when me and mate have leave booked! also i'm far to busy with work amongst other things to organise it all individually so will have to look at a package deal. gonna keep a close eye over the next few weeks and see what comes up.

i have heard from a mate who's been there before to get buy lift passes out there though as tour operaters are rather expensive. true?
snow report
Tour operators are almost never cheaper, and are often more expensive than buying passes in resort, yes.
ski holidays
When I travelled with them, Inghams charged the same for lift passes as the resort. If you book in advance, you can often get special deals through your tour operator, but these vary from one resort to another. You usually get the best deals on passes if you're staying in a resort-managed property.

The big downside of Inghams is the flight. Monarch is a miserable airline and I would happily pay a substantial premium to avoid the misery of a long-distance flight with them.
ski holidays
I must have got the almost never then.

Inghams did an early book offer - 7 days for the price of 9. Cost £256 pp. Skibig3 website for tri area pass for 9 days £365.

Sometimes it pays to book early wink Only sometimes though.

I think Crystal and Thomson guarantee in their brochures that you will not buy lift passes cheaper in resort.
latest report
minx wrote:
7 days for the price of 9

I think you've been had there... wink Laughing
latest report
minx, That is good.

Yes, I have usually found that Crystal & Thomson charge the same as the local rate, although they don't always offer you any special deals that may be available.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon, Oooops - blame the G&T monster Embarassed Good spot.

T'other way round 9 for 7.
latest report
Skiing BC semi on the cheap, fly into Spokane, WA spend night and head into Canada. Hit Red Mtn a relatively inexpensive yet impressive area, spend the night do it again the next day or head to Whitewater stay in Nelson, splurge and go Cat skiing or decide which area your group liked and hit it again.

Alternative areas out of Spokane include Schweitzer, Silver, and 49 Degree N. which is on the way to Red. Can stay in Spokane or Cd'A, ID saving in lodging costs versus staying at a resort although all of this requires a car rental.

Your timing is harsh but staying in the city until approx. the 5th avoids trying to get into a packed ski resort hotel.

There is a deal at the moment in Spokane where you can buy 3 passes to Red Mtn and/or Whitewater for $89 US until 12/26 at 7/11 stores.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy