Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton or Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Going for a week, 4 or 5 lads. Want ok night life not boring. Seen the prices for St Anton whys it so pricey? Banff is much cheaper why? Most important which is the best for skiing?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MFC wrote:
Going for a week, 4 or 5 lads. Want ok night life not boring. Seen the prices for St Anton whys it so pricey? Banff is much cheaper why? Most important which is the best for skiing?

Try Andorra
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MFC wrote:

St Anton is pricey because of its fantastic skiing and the best(arguably of course) Apres Ski / Nightlife.
It can afford to charge those prices because enough people want to go there and therefore will pay the going rate.

Banff is OK.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Banff is ace-never been to St. Anton right enough. Didn't like Andorra notably Soldeu
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're only going for a week, go to St. Anton. After a week in Banff you'll just about have sorted out your jet-lag, and then you've got to go home and start all over again.

Also, don't be guided by the headline prices. Banff may look cheaper in the TO brochures (and this is partly because it's low season: summer is the main tourist season in the Canadian Rockies), but accommodation is hotel-based (room-only, you have to pay for all your meals), and based on 4 people sharing a room with 2 beds so the TO's have lots of small-print supplements.

Having said that, Banff is a great place for a longer stay.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Acacia, if you book direct with the hotel (alot cheaper) no single supplements apply- you just pay for the room. We did it for £500 a head in April (Scottish Easter) and in 05 we did it for £400 each direct flights from Glasgow-transfers-r/o accomo.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i agree with ross banff has great skiing and i,m sure if you want nightlife you could find it,defo worth going you will enjoy,great people and prices make good holiday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pjheystacky, 38? or 48-can't remember-restraunts/bars/nightclubs in Banff, and you can't beat the powder.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
st anton any day having done both. Is St Anton expensive? Are you looking via TOs?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MFC,
Never been to Banff but hear good things about it. St Anton is great I would imagine you could have a pretty good time at either but to echo a couple of points above.
If you are only going for a week you might not see to much of the nightlife, The first few evenings you will be to tired unless you are made of harder stuff than me.(Not difficult)
I don't know what prices you have been looking at but I have not found St A to expensive when done DIY. Have you looked at trying this rather than a tour operator?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Banff is Awesome but a week is too short because of the jet lag. You need at least 10 nights to justify the traveling.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done both in the last couple of years. I'd stay in Europe for a week -USA or Canada is fine for 10 days but for any less it's too much of a schlepp. I'd also suggest that with a group of lads the apres in Europe beats the hell out of Banff. There is nightlife to be had in Banff, but there's simply no craic after the skiing.

St Anton, I'm not a big fan (and I know I'll get shouted down here), I think it's over priced (Lech!!!!!!!!) and unless you're going off piste there are better resorts around. However...... there is great apres ski at Mossewirt and Kageruh. There are cracking bars in the town, and some excellent restaurants. There is real Apres Ski in St A!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
st anton cheaper food and beer than france when you get there
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MFC, St Anton for a week, no brainer, book flight and hotels direct and you should easily do it for less than £500. I have not been to Banff, but I did Whistler (9 days and half of it was jet lagged) and St Anton last season and thought St Anton was the better, nice train ride to get there from Zurich too
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatirishman, not shouting you down but Lech is not St Anton.
snow conditions
For a short trip, St A. We fly into Innsbruck from Edinburgh (via Frankfurt) and a 45 min drive to resort.

Got to be less stressful than transatlantic.
snow report
Love both, but would imagine that for a boyz week away St. A would suit better due to apres ski, always found apres ski in US and canada a bit tame!
ski holidays
waynos, - I know but it's on the same piste plan. We ended up going there for a day to see what it was like!
ski holidays
Better night life in St Anton by far and the skiing is miles ahead of banff (plus you don't have to take long bus journeys to get to the resorts - mt norquay - the local hill - is a 10 minute bus trip). Spent a week skiing with a firm called piste to powder and the only time we used the piste was to get at the off piste! Plus jet lag on a weeks trip to Banff will kill you I wouldn't go back for less than 2 weeks and the first few days I wouldn't even ski (thats saying a lot!) just do some sight/bar seeing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy