Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape Pricing

Poster: A snowHead
Private Lesson

Family 1 hour of intensive tuition with a personal instructor

2 adults & 2 children (under 16) - £220

Shocked Shocked

A friend of mine thought he and his wife (both had 1-2 weeks skiing 20 years ago) would take their 2 boys to MK or Castleford before they decide whether to have a ski hols.

An hour's off-peak family ticket = £53; which pays for the slope. The Instructor costs £167ph. Or rather, the instructor costs the family £167.

Am I missing something here?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doctor_eeyore, no. This has been brought up before, and teh general concensus of opinion is that they don't want to do private lessons, so they price them so high that no one would book them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That would work!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B wrote:
they price them so high that no one would book them.

I do the same with HGV medicals. We're now the most expensive in the town, and demand keeps climbing. I'm thinking of dropping our prices to curtail demand now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
doctor_eeyore, The Instructor at Xscape would be paid about £7.50 of that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
doctor_eeyore, it is a bit eye watering expensive. Not sure about the northern xscapes but at MK if you Book a group lesson very early or very late and chances are you will be in a very small group. The absolute beginners groups will fill out generally but for the slightly more advanced ones are generally small off peak. Sunday night I had one lady in a level 4 group by herself, then followed by a private for 2 kids that must a cost dad a fortune....

Spyderman, 7.24 actually and I always wonder how much the the security guards get rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:

[b]Spyderman
, 7.24 actually and I always wonder how much the the security guards get rolling eyes

Good to feel valued, eh Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I pay £40 for a 30 min private lesson for my daughter, aged 5. I think that's reasonable value, I would prefer to book her into a group lesson but they won't take them until 6.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
doctor_eeyore wrote:
Elizabeth B wrote:
they price them so high that no one would book them.

I do the same with HGV medicals. We're now the most expensive in the town, and demand keeps climbing. I'm thinking of dropping our prices to curtail demand now.
Hah ..... now its war - 50% extra on moving anyone with "Dr" at the front of their name. (tough on the Phd's I know but you can't be too careful).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tamworth's a bit cheaper at £195 for 4 people together, but if they'd done it in the summer holidays there was 30% off!

As was suggested if they can book for a quieter time, it's possible to get lucky with numbers, however I suspect that Cas wouldn't accept adults/juniors in the same lesson.

A better scheme might be for the adults to go Cas for the recreational session (Freshtrax) on a Wednesday morning, when there's an instructor available for casual instruction for a total of £20 each for 2 hrs or £25 each for 3hrs, and to book the kids into a group lesson separately. If the adults have skied a couple of weeks, they ought to be able to manage recreational standard - use of Poma and the ability to turn/stop?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
doctor_eeyore, that's nasty. My GP did mine for free because I was a student at the time snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, xscape have an introductory parents toddler (3-6) 1 hour session where you can be with your kiddy for £26 (1 adult plus one child.)

Then onto snow cubs or snowbears 3-6 year olds in small groups 4x1 hour group lesson sessions for £60. 15 quid an hour beats the heck out of 150 for a private.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
doctor_eeyore, does that mean you charge less for group HGV medicals?
Maybe I could get a few friends together... Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, yeah tried that, but only really suitable for complete beginners IMHO as seemed to be only getting your kid to shuffle around. She can snow-plough and turn without problems.

Haven't see those snow cub/bears advertised at MK
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, I have seen anecdotal evidence that some trades do quote higher for doctors...

doctor_eeyore, The more you charge - the better it must be!

We only do HGV medicals on our own patients. The HGVs are ok - its the fat Coach Drivers that take the time Sad .
snow conditions
Boris, from the website

http://www.xscape.co.uk/snow/milton-keynes/whats-inside/snowslope/activities-and-prices/skiing-and-snowboarding-prices/

SNO!cubs and SNO!bears kids lessons
New children’s ski lessons are now available for 3-6yr olds - SNO!cubs are for complete beginners and SNO!bears are for children that can snow plough already. These lessons are different from our standard parent and toddler in that the parents do not accompany their children on the snow but can watch from our SNO!cafe viewing areas whilst the children are expertly looked after by our professional instructors. Lessons are available to buy in blocks of 4 (each lesson lasts one hour) @ £60.00. Please call 0871 222 5670 for further details.

My 4 year old has been doing Snocubs but I'm hoping that she'll be able to do Snobears by next Feb/March so that she'll progress a bit further.
ski holidays
geetee, thanks for that - as it says "new" - obviously I haven't checked for a while. Hey ho - I've got a few more private ones booked and I'm hoping that with these and the lessons booked when we're away she'll be able to start skiing with me on main slope.
snow conditions
I can see why I missed them - they're no available to book online rolling eyes

Have to ring up to book - for which they charge you a £1 booking fee Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I just found out on Saturday that they are doing the £35 for four hours skiing every Saturday again at MK Xscape
snow report
boris wrote:

I can see why I missed them - they're no available to book online

Yes, that's true. I remember it was a bit of a pain to get them booked over the phone too and involved some e-mailing before it was all sorted. It was all a bit disorganised but they said it was because their phone room was being refurbished at the time. I can't remember if they charged me the extra £1 - I don't think they did because the option wasn't online. I'm pretty sure my CC statement just had the £60.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy