Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer RX8 once again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm a holiday skier with about 8 weeks of skiing. Usually I rent skis on my holidays, but I'm now ready to buy my own. I'm considering buying the 06/07 model of the Fischer RX8 for their great reviews, and the fair price.

I'm 1,93 m, 93kgs. Most if not all of my time is spent on-piste and here i like to do turns. Speed is not a big issue for me, secondary to having fun with small turns.

The only real problems I have getting around on the piste is when the very steep piste or the very narrow piste gets bumpy during the afternoon. You know, when the second billion skiers have come through and half have thought Oh my GOD, and decided to do a plow. Been there myself a number of times.
Anyways, in these conditions I have always felt that my skies were very long and clumsy, then again that might just be me. But for a guy my size what would be the length of the RX8 to consider. I'm thinking 170.

Best
mads
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm similar height and weight and ski the 175 happily. I've got 5 or 6 weeks more skiing under my belt but its not a difficult ski to turn. If you are less worried about speed , I suspect you would be very happy with 170
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
purplefisher,

I've had the RX 8 since last year and find them fantastic.

I'm 1.75mtrs and 95kg and ski a 1.65.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy