Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Boots.........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On Friday night in my local we were chatting about skiing, as you do at midnight, when out of the blue my Landlord jumps up and says he has a pair of reduntant ski boots, worn only twice, you can have them he says and then disappears for 5 minutes and returns to the bar with said boots in a black bin liner!!!
Despite my protests he insists I try them on and unbelievably they fit me like new slippers. They are about 10 years old, maybe more, but even walking around the house in them this morning for some time i may add, they still feel extremely comfortable. Obviously they are not bright and shiny(2 shades of gray) like the modern boot but I am tempted to take them at christmas and try them out.
The only concern I have is that they do not seem as rigid as new boots around the shin. When I lean forward it feels like there is more "give" in the boot against my shin, but the feel is so comfortable and cushioned. So if CEM or any other snowHead has any valuable knowledge on the matter your comments would be greatly appreciated. Will they be sound enough to use because of their age, they are in excellent condition, barely a mark on them. I am asking because I have only been skiing for two seasons and have no real experience or technical nous on the subject. All I know is how to point down the hill and fly. The boot make is Killy, Trappeur(delta design) and they are so comfortable.

Thanks in advance, Greg.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Greg,

blimey if they are a Trappeur designed boot they must have been produced pre 1990 as this is when Rossignol bought the brand and the name disappeared, based on this i would think you may be better renting as the plastics could have degraded with time and the boot may become brittle in cold temperatures, an exploding ski boot is not something you really want as it can seriously damage your enjoyment
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WOW!!!!!

Thanks for that CEM, I was concerned about the materials stability because of age. As you mention the last thing anyone would want to happen would be and exploding boot whilst skiing!!!!! On reflection it would probably get some exposure on gootube?

Thanks again.

Greg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
exploding ski boot

Happened to a mate of mine whilst away from our "home valley", resulting in an emergency purchase of ski boots in the local shop which had a limited choice of 2 brands. They weren't prepared to rent and await the return the next day. Col says the boots are fine, but he's not out til the last lift any more...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Put them in the freezer over night then try jumping around in them... Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
metal plates under toe or heel lug?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
northantsred, If they've been kept in the dark, they might be OK. Why not give them a bash at a snowdome.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy