Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Weekend - Grenoble & Alps - HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm a complete ski nube and therefore was wanting to get a day or two of the ski experience under my belt by going away for a weekend with a couple of the lads (3 or 4) to see how we like it. If we enjoy we can dive in for a proper ski break early next year.

I live in Bournemouth and EasyJet fly to Grenobe (fly out on Thurs and back on Sat). This would give us one proper day to see if skiing is for us etc.

Is it pragmatic or possible to do this? We would like to:

1. Get some accommodation at a decent resort near to Grenoble (Les 2 Apls etc) with reasonable transfers / hire car on these days.
2. Get ski hire and ski pass for one day.
3. Get ski school for one day - pass included?

We want to do it on a budget (as planning to go mid-December) as we just want a taster to see if we like it pre-xmas.

Has anyone done something similar or can help a nube out with some advice / recommendations? Can anyone recommend other websites of ski hire / car hire / resort hotels etc?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nube247, welcome to Snowheads. Absolutely the best idea would be to go to LDA and have a day with Charlotte Swift (easiski) who will sort out all your hiring and pass arrangements with you - it's a bit tricky first time round without some expert assistance. Charlotte could help with pointing you in the right direction for accomodation, too. You could send her a personal message - and/or have a look at her easiski.com web site.

Having the right instructor will make all the difference between a good, or a bad, first experience. Just be ready to get addicted and spend loads of dosh on skiing for the rest of your life. snowHead Incidentally I have no personal commercial axe to grind here - I'm just one of Charlotte's many satisfied customers. You'll have a great day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Regular bus service from Grenoble centre to 2Alpes/Alpe d'Huez (though to save time on a short break, car hiree from the airport might be more practical).
Should be no problem getting hotel accommodation at that time - not exactly peak season.
Pass prices on 2Alpes website.
Lots of hire shops - pick one near your accommodation.
Various ski schools, but best bet would be pm easiski on here for advice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Lizzard! Legend Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks pam w. I'll drop Charlotte a message. Looking forward to getting hooked! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nube247, I started skiing with easiski at L2A last March and had a great time. You will get hooked though wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy