Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees opening day (photos)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Today was the opening day in the Pyrenees. Despite the horrible conditions of this past week (rain at all levels) some resorts did a god job with artificial snow and machines to have some decent slopes. I always say that in the pyrenees the resorts works better the less snow in comparison to other regions (as Alps for example). Specially the spanish and andorra resorts.

Today Masella opened with only man-made snow a couple of pistes with 500m of vertical......

a pair of photos from a guy from a catalan forum:

The rest here --> http://malaltsdeneu.mforos.com/20523/7061979-ningu-ha-esquiat-avui/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlTom, Well done Masella! Good effort to open so early.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there a few years ago for New Year, but there was much more snow then!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
is the guy on the right of photo skiing uphill Confused wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I was there a few years ago for New Year, but there was much more snow then!

It's only November!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
awksquawk, I know loads of time yet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Soldeu was going to open on the 1st Dec subject to snow of course rolling eyes But somehow I doubt it. I am going up there tomorrow (Wed 28th) I'll have a better idea and post here when i get back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would be handy if you could do a report, looking at going to Pas on the 14th for 3 nights for a cheeky weekend and considering canning it if it is really bad. Expecting man made snow only, just presuming it will be mega busy due to lack of open pistes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wrongsideof30 wrote:
Would be handy if you could do a report, looking at going to Pas on the 14th for 3 nights for a cheeky weekend and considering canning it if it is really bad. Expecting man made snow only, just presuming it will be mega busy due to lack of open pistes

Now the last forecasts are HORRIBLE!! sun or rain.....so no predicted natural snowfall, and maybe temperatures too high to produce artificial snow. BUT it can change dramatically depending on the position of the HP, so too early to say nothing! If the HP moves to NE and produces a S-SW situaton forget it.....BUT, if the HP moves to NW and produces a N situation you never forget it!!

As I say with this situations the forecasts in the Pyrenees are very difficult to predict, no more longer than 2-3days at much!

We will keep you informed! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wrongsideof30, I'm just back from 4 days in Soldeu, the mountain opened on the 1st but with only a few runs on the Soldeu / El Tarter side. Pas is apparently much better and has been open since the 24th. All the skiing available is on artificial snow. There is a possibility of snow next weekend. But what I can do is promise that some of the bars will be open Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ohh...what I'd give for a crystal ball wink Have the chance for a really cheap(so cheap the travel agent phoned to check for a mistake)deal for Christmas in Pas.Flying out Dec23rd for the week.Just checked the web cams etc....not looking too good?Artificial only,limited runs and lifts.Now I know its 3wks away...but if I dont book 1st thing tomorrow...gone!! As I'm with the family,going on the lash is out Sad so,hows the weather shaping up.Anyone up for even 1/2 a promise things will improve? Question...now its the Grandvilera..is the route open to cross over to Soldeu/El Tarter? And are there any family style deals on offer at resort(assume,as usual,its best to buy there)
El Tarter was our 1st ever ski trip years ago.Never been back,but have fond memories of the place so up for a return.Would be even better with some snow wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowskisnow, Book it, anything could happen in the next 3 weeks. To be honest at the moment the links are not open however they ENSISA have laid on a shuttle bus service between the resorts. Pas has a lot more snow than Soldeu / El Tarter. Reasons for cheap deals are because people are hanging back for the snow to arrive, but by then it will be too late to get the good deals.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowskisnow,

How cheap? I'm thinking of Andorra for Christmas too. Deals from £240.00 - £340.00 h/b
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, Self catering I'm afraid.......but at £114 ea it leaves plenty of scope for meals Very Happy Also flying from my local airport which is 30mins away.
Dypcdiver, You're spot on about people hanging back.Loads of deals in the high st.Talking to the agent this morning,she admitted that,so far,ski bookings are well short of what they normally expect....even for well into the new year.Looking as if deals will be around for some time to come?
Never done Christmas in the mountains....maybe this year?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowskisnow, I have posted this elsewhere but there was no snow on the balcony on the 4th Dec but see what happened by the 5th Dec
Just to cheer up anybody who has booked a holiday click on the image and note the date
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy