Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I found these lot when looking for an alternative to skiset

Has anybody used them?

Any other info?

DrE
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doctor_eeyore - not heard anything about those guys - so no opinion either way.

We've used All Mountain Rental and found them to be pretty good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doctor_eeyore, I heard about them but no more than that. I would unreservedly recommend Francois Baud Sports just down from the Tremplin hotel/Pleney bubble. Best maintained kit I have seen anywhere and good range - definitely the best in Morzine IMHO. Tell them I sent you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, David Murdoch, Thanks. I'm attracted to doorstep ski because of their stock - Something other than the Salomon / Rossi mix in every other shop in town. FB don't appear to have online rental, though. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
doctor_eeyore - Baud certainly seem to have very good stock and they have a very good reputation locally.

I think there's actually a pretty good mix of makes available in most shops - I've been able to try virtually any mainstream brand I've wanted (and even some more obscure ones).

Do you have anything you'd specifically like to try and between us we can probably point you at the right shop(s).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PhillipStanton, That's very kind of you.

I'm looking for try-with-a-view-to-buy a piste-orientated all mountain ski. K2 crossfire, Scott RC (maybe mission), Salomon Xwing Tornado. Rossi's B2-3 replacements don't seem to be well reviewed. Dynastar? From my memory of last year, K2 and Scotts weren't well represented in Morzine.

We'll be in Morzine for 3 weeks (if all goes according to plan rolling eyes ) so I don't mind spending the first day ski-hunting!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doctor_eeyore, FBs have Rossi (The new Zenith Mutix is well received), Movement, Atomic (Nomad might be interesting), Head (I.M. 78 had some good reviews) and Dynastar (Legend Mythic Rider might be interesting). Eric (Baud) is generally happy to do try before you buy.

Salomon you'll almost certainly find in most places - Intersport towards the main square might be your best bet. Scotts I think Sports Vital have them, although not sure. K2 maybe StarSki beside the Hotel Bergerie.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Aztecs are easy enough to find in Morzine, but you'll have problems finding RCs I reckon. Aztecs are a doddle, but I had to go to Chamonix for a pair of Missions last season.

There's a Scott dealer in Les Gets, which carries a better range. I can't remember the name - but it's the shop directly across the road from the base of the Chavannes 6 man. There's also "the last shop on the right, going down the hill towards the Marie" in Morzine, who tends to have a more eclectic range of skis. (I'm sure David Murdoch will help with names here.)

K2 Crossfires should be easy enough to find. Will have a look when I'm next out and report back (if someone else doesn't do it before).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton, Ithink that'll be "Drug Sports Vital" again...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch - knowledge over ignorance. It'll win every time * wink

* Usually.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, PhillipStanton, Thanks to you both. We're staying in one of Hubert Sports' appartments so if you get a chance could you stick your head in there and see what they've got?

Quote:
knowledge over ignorance. It'll win every time * * Usually.

Brute force and ignorance is preferable, as in:

How did you get down that slope?
f**k knows

snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PhillipStanton, I've always wondered about the whole "drug sports Vital" thing. Mightn't they have been better with "drug-free sports vital" although they'd clearly alienate the Avoriaz crowd that way Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy