Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for 6 year old ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going shopping tomorrow & I might buy some skis for my 6 year old son.

How do I work out the correct length ski for him?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssnowman, Chin Height
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, thanks. I bought him a helmet & goggles yesterday & he's hardly taken them off, god knows what he'll be like if I get him some skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman, Watch him on your stairs Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, has he got boots? If you're not going skiing for a while, beware; their feet grow in fits and starts and I remember one year buying new school shoes at the beginning of the summer holidays, in a sale, only to find my son had grown out of them by September! I remember buying life jackets for my two, then stopping in a riverside pub on the way home to celebrate (having also bought a sailing dinghy!). They insisted on wearing them to run around in the pub garden, which was well fenced from the river. The other drinkers clearly thought we were neurotic parents!

Chin height sounds good. Easiski recommended chest height, but that was for my 4 year old grand daughter.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ssnowman, Snow & Rock do a buy back scheme for kids, I bought several pairs for my kids from S & R's stock of boots that were bought back. Second hand but some only had a couple of days use. Bargain prices. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
Snow & Rock do a buy back scheme for kids

And Lockwoods (although they publicise it less).

Also ask around your local ski club. There is a thriving 2nd/3rd/4th hand market for boots and skis at ours - so much so that #1son has three pairs of skis being offered to him at the moment. Unfortunately it's boots that he's about to outgrow....

And I'd agree with chin height.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ssnowman, I recently wrote about this in my blog (http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/31/christmas-is-coming-looking-for-junior-alpine-skis/). A friend of mine runs a ski shop here in Helsinki, and he said the right lenght of a junior ski is from ground to the tip of his/her nose.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy