Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gay ski events this winter

Poster: A snowHead
For any snowHeads who enjoy same-sex company on (or off) the slopes, here's a list of gay ski events across the globe in winter 2004-5 - and quite a comprehensive list it is too, courtesy of PlanetOut.com.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm - I trust that a little more than "enjoy same-sex company" is required, otherwise I've been gay all these years and never realised Shocked

Kind of you to spare our blushes though David Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, Alan. The wording could have been "...on the slopes, or more horizontally" but I thought people might confuse this with cross-country skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i'm certainly gay and happy on the 12th Dec!! Toofy Grin ..............i'll be on a snowboard though Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will find a "ski gay week" usually around the end of March in La Toussuire, France, this is in its third or fourth year I think and with growing popularity they were even billing a Rio style mardi gra's parade down the high street. I'd already left when it all started but you will find more info about this years at www.la-toussuire.com . There is a gay and lesbian chalet in La T and the event is organised by the owners of this hotel/chalet I think. La T is a predominantly French resort so don't epect to find many English speakers but the skiing is now very good with about 300k's of lift linked slopes and new lifts in this Summer to upgrade their only long poma to a 3 or 4 man (MAN?!?!? Laughing Wink ) chair so worth a trip regardless of your sexuality.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"Summit provides a more select ski week for those with a penchant for powder -- "
presumably for older gays Twisted Evil
Horizontal skiing in Japan is when you have enjoyed apres-ski/Sake too much and are flat out on your back...."ozaski" being the word for a tatami-mat room!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty wrote:
You will find a "ski gay week" usually around the end of March in La Toussuire, France.

Good Lord ! I used to go there in January on twinning holidays with French Telecom and Post Office people.

La Toussuire is quite an extensive and enjoyable area.

I did'nt know La Toussuire was now promoting itself as a ski resort for nine bob notes!

Other quality resorts seem to be doing likewise.

Why can't they go to sh**ty resorts ?

I suppose it is useful to know when these things are planned, so that normal people can avoid certain weeks.

Live and let live, but I don't want to be around big gangs of the bugs.

As far as I am concerned, they should count themselves lucky, that they don't get prosecuted or blackmailed any more.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latchigo wrote:
Frosty wrote:
You will find a "ski gay week" usually around the end of March in La Toussuire, France.

Good Lord ! I used to go there in January on twinning holidays with French Telecom and Post Office people.

La Toussuire is quite an extensive and enjoyable area.

I did'nt know La Toussuire was now promoting itself as a ski resort for nine bob notes!

I suppose it is useful to know when these things are planned, so that normal people can avoid certain weeks.

As far as I am concerned, they should count themselves lucky, that they don't get prosecuted or blackmailed any more.
Well your entitled to your opinion of course and as you say La T is a pretty good ski area (even better now its linked up and with new lifts - still not much to do at night though, 1 terrible club Le Fillmore - I actually had fight in there two years ago and I'm 37 and well past all that rubbish but, well, he started it !). The area has been a well kept secrect until now as far as I'm concerened. The gay week was promoted on national french TV two years ago with a very popular (old) singer (forgotten name) on a talk show and the week in late March has been really popular ever since. Incidentally I tihnk I saw some of your photos posted on a site for a BT ski trip, would this be your trip ????
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Well your entitled to your opinion

And mine is - I'd much rather be in a resort with a party of gays than a party of homophobics
rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
well said Maggi
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="Frosty Incidentally I tihnk I saw some of your photos posted on a site for a BT ski trip, would this be your trip ????[/quote]

What site is that ?

It's a while since I was there. I did not know they had a website. Could be a different BT twinning group.

Yes La Toussuire could be quiet at night but PTT lodges were completely self-contained . All food and entertainment was available within the lodges and they ate very well indeed.

They had 'animation' if you were into that sort of thing. A bit 'Butlins' for me, but when in Rome..

PTT lodge in Pralognan even had draught wine ! I have never seen that before.

As for Maggi, you can ski with whoever you want. It just amuses me that what was looked on with horror, until relatively recently, is now some sort of cause celebre. Anybody who disapproves is regarded as having a problem, rather than the other way round.

That might be the view of certain trendy media types and a contingent within the church of England - but not most people I know. On the other hand, there are some who would say issues such as homosexual marriages were a factor in losing the election for Kerry.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ah found it (Google wins again, knew it was out there somewhere!) http://www.mk.dsl.pipex.com/aptaldkg/la_touss.htm
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchigo wrote:

Skiing is male dominated. Gay men don't normally have the expense of a family and often have the benefit of two high wages. Many hetrosexual men have to reduce their skiing time because they need their financial and time resources for the family (as I am experiencing), gay men don't normally have this problem. Basically they don't go to sh!tty resorts because they have the funds to pay for the best and they are very good business for the ski industry.

I doubt the majority here are homophobic, start a poll in the Apres Ski section if you don't believe it and want to try and prove otherwise.

You seem to have a problem with gays, why is that?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty wrote:
ah found it (Google wins again, knew it was out there somewhere!) http://www.mk.dsl.pipex.com/aptaldkg/la_touss.htm

Well, well, well just goes to show what you can find on the net.

Yes Le Dahu was the lodge.

I don't know the bloke whose home page it is. Adastral park is a different twinning group. I did not go in 1999.

When I first started going, twinning holidays were a real steal, but I had been to most of the venues and prices started to creep up.

Don't agree with the comments that La Toussuire is limited. Compared to the three valleys it is; but you could say that about every other ski resort in the world.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Latchigo, why does it bother you so much, that people of a different persuasion, may have skied at the same resort as you? Your comments hardly seem to represent a "Live and let live" attitude, and are quite offensive to me.

Other things that were looked on with horror, until quite recently, included, unwed mothers, epileptics, children with Down's syndrome, menstruating women...

Perhaps we should let you know when any of the above will be in your preferred ski resort, so that you can avoid them as well?
latest report
I nearly didn't look at this thread (not being gay) - just as I might not bother with a thread on rap music - but
Latchigo wrote:
. Anybody who disapproves is regarded as having a problem, rather than the other way round.

People who spread hatred of their fellow human beings are a problem, in fact the problem.

Latchigo wrote:

For the same reason it would be nice to know where your friends plan to ski - I know nobody like you.
snow report
Latchigo, I wonder if you are familiar with the life and work of one homosexual, Alan Turing. He laid down the theoretical foundations for computer science (without which this conversation wouldn't be taking place), broke the German Enigma code and designed the first electro-mechanical computer in order to decode intercepted material within a useful timeframe. Without his work, losses in the Atlantic may well have forced Britain to negotiate a peace with Hitler in 1941, leaving the continent under Nazi domination perhaps to the present day. At the least, progress in the West would have been delayed to the point that Britain would have suffered a more intense and prolonged ballistic missile (V2) attack and atomic bombs would have been dropped on Germany.

After the war, Turing was hounded to suicide by a society that generally held to the social mores regarding homosexuality to which you still cleave.
snow conditions
I feel sorry for people who are so ignorant as to think that being straight is "normal", and being gay is not !!!

Oh what a small, narrow minded litttle world you live in. Maybe some day you will be lucky enough to see the bigger picture like the rest of us .. until then, you have my sympathy.
ski holidays
For those interested in the subject, here are 2 good places to start:
Reverend Robert J. Buchanan
Wikipedia.org.
Rev. Buchanan suggests the suppresion of homosexuality is prompted by the desperate need to procreate to maintain population numbers when infant mortality was high, and then further fuelled by the Christian insistance that the only justication for sex was procreation and recreational sex is a sin. Therefore masturbation and homosexual sex is a sin, as is using any contraception.
However, in these days of concern for the environment, overstretched resources and over-population, I would have thought a sensible policy would be to reverse the orthodox view and outlaw heterosexual sex and promote homosexuality.
I think this would solve all the world's problems in one fell swoop. Smile
snow conditions
Latchigo wrote:

a ski resort for nine bob notes!

......I don't want to be around big gangs of the bugs.

Latchigo wrote:
......"It just amuses me that what was looked on with horror, until relatively recently, is now some sort of cause celebre."

snow conditions
Some of the gay community i would say the majority are in my opinion obsessed with sex. Why have a gay ski week? What does that mean? when im skiing im enjoying the mountain and the only ride im on is my own. Stop ailienating yourselves and learn to ride with people from all walks of life. And another thing just because i like to fettle the wife every now and again dosen't make me want to take to the streets and march about it.
snow report
AD, that is all very well, but combine a history of "prosecution and blackmail" mentioned above with the continuation of attitudes exhibited above and is it really surprising that people within a certain social grouping choose to spend time with likeminded people who will relate to each other and where they will not be the subject of abuse?

None of my gay friends would be that bothered about a gay only week because they are happy mixing with their friends of any sexual persuasion - yes, Latchigo, they are normal in the true sense of the word. But i can see that such events will appeal to some, just as librarians will go on bus trips to the seaside (grossly patronising stereotype of course!!).
latest report
Well AD, its like any group of like-minded people going skiing ... so I guess you would also NOT go any snowheads trips, as that would be alienating those people who are not on snowheads??

Anyway, I'm sure you could go on the Gay ski week, no need to feel alienated, ... I doubt there is any kind of 'testing' done to eliminate wife-fettling people like yourself !!! So don't feel alienated ... check out the link at the top of the site .. and book your holiday !!
snow report
Absolutely normal that is my point, and we i hope are in modern times. I cant tell you how many times i have heard said about my gay step brother who is also a lifelong friend, "oh hes alright when you get to know him" its naivety on the part of the straight person i know, but i moved on from the your a gay and your straight way of thinking years ago.
Im kind of hoping that everyone gay or straight may soon start to see people as people not as a type.
Same goes for black or white and don't even get me started on religion.
snow conditions
"like minded people" that would be a bit boring i refer sonya to my previous point
latest report
So what is the point of being on Snowheads if you think 'like minded people' are boring?
snow report
Just to be clear, i am not taking issue with AD. It is Latchigo's (possible trolling) posts that are the real issue. That said, whilst we would all love everyone to be integrated and blind to social groupings, it is not surprising that some people feel that those groupings provide a sanctuary.
snow report
I have to say that although the majority of gay people may be obsessed with sex, so are a lot of straight people, it's just for some gay people their sexuality is a major part of their identity, and so they are a lot more open about it, mainly because in these more tolerant times they can be.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
like minded sonya have you read any of the skiers vs boarders threads. Puzzled
Tony, latchigo's has a point of veiw and he has a right to air those veiws. Just remember though if your ever feeling down in the dumps give yourself a shake and tell yourself it could be worse i could be Latchigo.
snow report
AD, but those are in jest NehNeh i think this guy is acutally serious rolling eyes
ski holidays
AD, I don't think that Latchigo has a right to air his views if they're likely to cause offence to other people.
latest report
Exactly AD, ... not all snowheads are the same ... and not every gay person is the same !! I don't have anything against Club 18-30 holidays, Snowheads trips, SCGB trips, Student Trips, Women only Trips, Single holidays, adult only ski holidays etc etc .... I also don't have anything against Gay Ski week.

Live and let live.
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:
AD, I don't think that Latchigo has a right to air his views if they're likely to cause offence to other people.
Oh I think we can look after ourselves OK on this forum. I am more worried about how his views might reinforce those of others on a site frequented by more like-minded people.
latest report
Quote:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I'm with Voltaire on this one. Besides, ridiculous or offensive views are best in the open, to be exposed for what they are.
snow report
Sonya how to make a guy feel better.
im too old to go on a 18-30
ive never been a student
im married
im not a woman
I am not gay
Thank god for the SCGB, Snowheads and adults otherwise i would never get out of the house.
And as for live and let live I have no choice a family get together with my lot is like a pub crawl on canal street
snow conditions
AD, ........oh that reminds me of that street when we were at the commomwealth games, they'd scrubbed the "C" out to make "*anal street".........well made me chuckle Laughing , then my gf pointed out where we were Embarassed
snow conditions
Its true, funny how thats never been changed, its been like that for ages. NehNeh
seems the local council have a sense of humour.
snow report
[quote="laundryman"]
Quote:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I agree.
Another Voltaire quote I like "We owe respect to the living; to the dead we owe only truth."
latest report
voltaire's the only game in town --carpenters
snow conditions
Wasn't it Andy Williams, in fact AD? Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy