Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AT skis and Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dumb question but i you hire skis with AT bindings will they be supplied with crampons?

I need some but dont want to buy and am guessing that the crampons are specific to the bindings and / or ski width
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, ski crampons/harscheisen/couteaux/knives are specific to bindings. They are not normally provided with hire kit, although you are normally asked whether you want the skins or not (can't see any reason for having the gear if you don't want the skins rolling eyes ). A decent place will have couteaux if you ask for them. Do so. In St Anton last year, most of the group had to hire, and the guide said it was not necessary to get couteaux - big mistake, as we then went for a half-hour skin traverse across a very icy 35 degree slope. Fortunately I had mine with me, but some of the others had to take skis off and walk. I also ended up using the in Chamonix when the surface got very powdery and skins kept on slipping back.

When the group I was in Gressoney with a couple of years ago had to hire gear they didn't have enough hire couteaux to go round, so they had some new ones on sale or return. Fortunately they were not necessary that time. I did notice when looking the other day that the Dukes do not yet have any compatible couteaux, do I don't know what those guys are supposed to do Shocked .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GrahamN, thanks very helpful, Very Happy I havent seen them specifically mentioned on the hire sites and will ask.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, I agree with GrahamN, I had to "MacGyver" some to fit my touring tele rig. Can't imagine skinning without them now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OTOH if you don't get couteaux, it will force you to learn good skinning technique Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy