Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yes yes yes, we've done it again....

Poster: A snowHead
Made another edition of Fall-Line.
Again, I have no small version of a picture to show everyone what it looks like but if you imagine someone on skis and some snow in quite a nice picture with a few words on it then you'll get the idea. And if anyone's missing out on last month's issue with the Gear Guide and ski of the year, get in touch with Andy at Backcountry UK in Ilkley - he left them under the counter and only found them yesterday so has a few to get shot of.
Oh yes, there's a booklet on how to drive to the Alps in the new issue too, which seems to be a favourite topic on here. Rather brilliantly, we appear to answer none of the questions frequently asked on the is website, thereby proving that however hard we try to render Snowheads passe, we fail. But it is quite useful when merged with this site...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fallliner, Your mag doesn't seem to be stocked in WHSmiths or Tescos (sample n=5). Is this a ruse to get us to subscribe? (Yes I know about the headphones and the stickers and the T shirts and the reduced price thanks wink )
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I certainly can't find the mag in any of the Smiths I've tried - Clapham Junction, Waterloo, Heathrow, Putney. I'm not prepared to subscribe until I've seen at least one issue first, so looks like I shall miss out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Available in Smiths in my town but not Tesco
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is available in WH Smiths in Cheltenham, and I'm pretty sure I bought copies last year in Merthyr Tydfil (also in WHS).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney, why thanks, that's hugely helpful for me in London SW11! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, Sorry, I wasn't trying to specifically help anyone, just trying to point out that it is in some WHS.

Anyway, it is only a couple of hours on the train from London to Cheltenham Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Blackpool-WH Smith
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alex_heney, redrunmarcus, Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
I certainly can't find the mag in any of the Smiths I've tried - Clapham Junction, Waterloo, Heathrow, Putney. I'm not prepared to subscribe until I've seen at least one issue first, so looks like I shall miss out.

It is shrinkwrapped so you would have to remove that to browse the contents. Sutton & Holborn usually stock copies. Waterloo Smith's is hopeless.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latchigo,
Quote:

It is shrinkwrapped so you would have to remove that to browse the contents

Well, blow that for a game of soldiers, then! NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't find it in Glasgow. It's not in WH Smith or Tesco
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Leicester Smiths have it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Norwich Smiths have it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
None of the WHS in West Kent had it when we were over last month and they all seem to have pushed out every other newsagent in the area Sad fallliner, I couldn't be cheeky and ask for a copy of the issue with the gear guide to be sent to me again could I? Obviously happy to pay (+ postage)
latest report
John Smiths have it.
snow report
fallliner, There seems to be a recurring theme here...

If anyone spots a FallLine within 30 miles of South Lincs, please shout! (Not Lesta though, I spent the worst ever 6 months of my life there Sad and am nevereverevereverever going again)
ski holidays
Hurtle, i bought it at smiths in Ealing Broadway a couple of weeks ago - not sure that really helps though Happy
ski holidays
There appears to be a distribution gap here fallliner, there seems to be a lot of sales being lost ..... why not sell it through snowheads snowHead with a percentage going to the site?
snow report
I just asked my very friendly village shopkeeper/newsagent here in deepest Devon. He rang his wholesaler and the mag was dropped in to my office the following morning. Small is beautiful!
snow conditions
Sheffield WHS stock it....as does my local newsagent snowHead
latest report
Mine turned up through the post on Saturday. Subscribe! It's much less hassle!
snow report
I went looking for it yesterday and the same shop I bought the Oct edition from, had no record of it ..???
I expected it to be avaiable monthly in the winter months but am missing a Nov and Dec edition. I was out the country last month but I thought I'd find it somewhere...

What is going on..?
ski holidays
doctor_eeyore wrote:
fallliner, There seems to be a recurring theme here...

If anyone spots a FallLine within 30 miles of South Lincs, please shout!
Tallington dry slope (can't get much more south in Lincs) had it last season.
Or you could always try Fall Line's office in Peterborough, they might know somewhere that stocks it Toofy Grin
snow report
Its always in Swansea WH Smiths. I cant believe that none of the major supermarkets stock any ski magazines. Even though they stock titles like 'vintage caravaning' etc Shocked
latest report
ickabodblue, me neither in Helensburgh (pretty much glasgow....)
snow conditions
fallliner, Any chance of one of those 3D pop up piste maps of Les Deux Alpes in an edition before March? wink
snow report
FenlandSkier, I always forget to get a token to get out of the park again Mad . But I'll give them a ring. Thanks. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Man, the "wtf" picture on your site looks just stunning! Very nice colours and shadows. Hold on! It's also a fantastic drop! Very Happy
latest report
Latchigo, it's shrinkwrapped to avoid staining to the covers. And to trick people into buying it who might not otherwise. My all-time favourite was the Free Jordan Calendar given away with Wanderlust mag - imagine all the deflated pubescents who took it home to discover it was Jordan the physical place rather than the fantasy destination.

garethjomo, sadly the 3d people have gone into no dimensions as far as I'm aware.
As for all the rest who can't find a mag, you can ask for the local newsagent to get one in as posted earlier. Good newsagents even let you look at it first before rejecting it out of hand (having got the phone number you wanted).
I have passed this page onto the distributor to give them an idea of the pent up demand for this organ.
snow report
Quote:

I'm not prepared to subscribe until I've seen at least one issue first, so looks like I shall miss out.

Its deffo the best ski mag IMO. Its actually got decent articles that are worth reading - that daily mail one is awful!

Borders stock it in Leeds - for those in this area!

fallliner,
Quote:

Good newsagents even let you look at it first before rejecting it out of hand

..... why would anyone do that wink
snow report
fallliner, having met you, I imagine that fulfilling demand for your organ is a full time job.
snow conditions
IT IS WITHOUT DOUBT WORTH SEARCING FOR Toofy Grin
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:
Sheffield WHS stock it....as does my local newsagent snowHead

Yes, the city centre one usually does, but I didn't manage to catch the last one there - not sure about MeadowHELL. Railway station WHS doesn't.
ski holidays
Rossfra8, I wonder if you could get it in Edinburgh? Hubby is working there at the moment I'll get him to look.
snow report
Kramer, Shocked
latest report
Kramer wrote:
fallliner, having met you, I imagine that fulfilling demand for your organ is a full time job.

Good job someone was on hand then wink wink wink
ski holidays
Subscribe, mail order, have it delivered, trendy free t-shirt, free headphones and my kids friends think I am cool now........doooooooooodes.
latest report
I get mine in Borders snowHead
snow report
why not go online and get a free copy of www.isboardmag.com, good read and you don't have to out in the cold round local newsagents!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy