Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

xscape Milton Keynes snowdome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
haven't been to the snowdome at milton keynes for a long time. When i first went it was pretty good, not too crowded as they regulated the numbers allowed on the slope. They pisted it at least twice a day, and the lifts were reliable. Last time i went only 1 lift was working, there were loads of skiiers out, which meant big queues & less runs in your "hour". And they only pisted it when the slope was closed.

has it got any better?

has anyone tested skis there? Do you think it's any good for getting the feel of a ski as i have a few pairs i want to compare, but think the run there might be too short...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there last night, snowboarding. Was very busy on the lifts. Probably becoz it was "freestyle night."

Best idea is to go first thing in the morning or last thing at night. Or during the day if you can get time off.

You can get a feel for a ski's piste performance on what is effectively a short blue run. But not really for very high speed or off-piste rating.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I generally go on a wednsday night at about 7 ish, normally only one lift open, and pritty cr*p snow (allways seems to have a big ice patch) but at least its quiet! Thurs/Friday nights are allways jamed solid with the freestyle night (though on the last couple of wednsdays there has still been a load of rails on one slope for those who like that sort of thing.)

The best time Ive found has been early morning on a saturday, its normally quiet, and the slope has normally just been bashed.

As for testing skis, depends on what your looking for really I guess. but for 'normal' skiing it will never be as good as testing on the mountain. that said, on the plus side it is ideal for testing a lot of skis over a short time (maybe narrowing it down to 2 or 3 to test properly in resort)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy