Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Canada Travel Advisory - Sports Equipment Registry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received the email below from AirCanada- might be of interest to any of you who may be flying Air Canada this winter.

From Air Canada-

Pre-register your sports equipment and save!

Starting December 12, 2007 for travel on or after January 7, 2008 customers will be asked to register their sports equipment at the time of booking, either on aircanada.com or through the Air Canada call center. By registering prior to check-in, passengers can benefit from a waiver on the excess piece fee for hockey sticks and snow or ski boots (when carried along with related sports equipment such as a snowboard or skis) as well as the oversize fee for skis, snowboards, hockey sticks, and hockey bags. As of January 7, 2008, customers who elect not to pre-register their sporting equipment will be subject to all applicable excess piece and oversize fees when checking in at the airport on the day of departure.

Effective immediately, in anticipation of the sports equipment registry, excess piece fees for ski/snowboard boots and hockey sticks will be waived when carried along with related sports equipment such as a hockey bag or skis.

For more details see Checked Baggage -> Sports Equipment
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skierguy 75
Thanks for the info,I'm flying via TO to Denver in January with Air Canada,I'll have to see how this affects me as I booked at the beginning of November.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skierguy_75, Thanks for this - we're flying out Air Canada in two weeks time and again on Jan 12th so we'll be affected.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skierguy_75, thanks for this - I am using them - unfortunately - in February.... loathe them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does this mean even though I am already booked (Fly to Calgary on Jan 9th) I will have to change something?! Sorry for my ignorance.

Ross
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rossfra8, Sorry- I'm not sure what your status will be. You'll need to contact Air Canada for clarification.
My interpretation is that you will need to pre-register your equipement/ extra bags in the days before your flight. AirCanada always encourages early online checkin- so it certainly seems as though you'll need to do it to avoid an excess charge.
Have a good time in Banff.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wish I was going to Canada Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info , heading to Banff in March. Toofy Grin

Have booked via Tour Op. and have includued ski carriage Confused does this mean that I will have to also contact Air Canada Puzzled Or will it still be sorted ?

Suppose it wouldnt hurt to drop them a line anyway Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reading that, if you have booked before December 12th you do not need to register?? It's not well worded.

Quote:
Starting December 12, 2007.........customers will be asked to register their sports equipment at the time of booking

Full link here

I booked over a month ago and we are flying out in February - I have had no e-mail from them even though our flights are registered on their website.

Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget that according to their website, skis must be carried in a rigid container or you must sign a waiver at check in.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sage, Thanks for putting up the full link. I agree- it's worded poorly- It states that you should register when booking- and then in the next sentence it states that "registering prior to checkin" is what's required. There's a big difference between those two statements- I'm taking it to mean that you should register prior to checkin, if you're already booked, and are flying after or on Jan 7, 2008.
If you're already booked, and flying before Jan 7th, then you'll be exempt as they switch protocals.
In the future, register when booking.

I didn't receive the email directly from Air Canada either (even though I have AirCanada Elite status and receive emails almost daily from Aeroplan)- In this case our company travel assistant forwarded me an email that she received presumably from our travel agent. Our company always picks up the excess baggage charges in anyevent- although I'm set now on Star Alliance, as Elite members get 4 checked items at no cost:) Got dinged last year on KLM, Luftansa, United, and NWA. So this is a nice change for AirCanada-probably politically motived due to our high dollar value, and the concern that it will impact Canadian tourism.

It's surprising (or not surprising, depending on your opinion of AirCanada) that traveller's who are currently booked haven't received notices directly from AirCanada- but that's what the Snowhead piste forum is for Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skierguy_75, Yes, I think they should have said:

"you'll get charged extra unless you register prior to checkin, if you've booked after December 12th, and are flying on or after Jan 7, 2008"

There, we've condensed their four line gobeldygook into something that makes sense Very Happy

I booked through expedia and they haven't mentioned it so I wont worry about it too much. Anyway, my first flight is British Midland with the bags booked straight through - they wont bother as I doubt they will know about it.

snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy