Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know of any english spking nannies in Les Saisies?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! Off to Les Saisies with a one year old and a 4 year old in Jan. Hoping to ski with my husband but need an english speaking Nanny to make this happen. Any tips or suggestions gratefully received.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jennyspiers, welcome to Snowheads. We have an apartment in Les Saisies, or rather in Bisanne 1500 and might be able to help - I know a really nice woman who might be available. She's not English, but speaks good English and is super with kids. Let's have some dates and details.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jennyspiers, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I can't help you, but hopefully someone else will be able to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jennyspiers, Welcome to snowHead s, should pam w, friends not be available you may be able to get a list of baby sitters from the tourist office. I have done this before though not in Les Saisies.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anyone else read "Spanking"?

Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
daehwons wrote:
anyone else read "Spanking"?

Shocked

No seen the film though Shocked Blush Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
daehwons, tut tut, this is a family resort. rolling eyes ... yes, the Tourist Office in Les Saisies might have a list (and they speak just about enough English to understand the request!).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
daehwons, oh yes but then I'm much to reserved to point it out Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
jennyspiers, welcome to Snowheads. We have an apartment in Les Saisies, or rather in Bisanne 1500 and might be able to help - I know a really nice woman who might be available. She's not English, but speaks good English and is super with kids. Let's have some dates and details.

I hoped you might respond as I saw one of your trails from last year! we are arriving on the 26th Jan and leaving on the 2nd Feb. The main priority is looking after our one year old every morning at a minimum whilst we get lessons (that is the plan). We are booking our 4 year old into snow kindergarten every morning but if he does not like it or gets tired, we hoped to have a nanny/babysitter as a fall back. Also, can I also ask - we are travelling with another family who have a 5 year old. Do you think the ESF kindergarten is suitable for her too? The online booking thing on the website suggests she is too old for it but the tourist board said she would be fine. All rather confusing! Really appreciate your help! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm. I would think both kids might be happier with each other for company as the kindergartens, or any group lessons, are going to be French speaking and they are likely to be the only English speakers. The ESF "club Piou Piou" is for 3 - 5 year olds, according to the website and their kids area has a substantial telecorde lift, which should give ample scope even for a fairly adventurous 5 year old during the week - the cord is also open free, to anyone, so is a good place to take kids for a play in the afternoon, if they like skiing. So much depends on the child - there are some interesting Snowheads threads about small children learning to ski. Some love it, but it can be cold and miserable, and some don't love it at all, especially if it means being talked at in French!

I have emailed the family I am thinking of, where I know the mother does some child minding sometimes - very nice family. She worked for the ESF, in reception, last season and it's possible she will therefore not be available. There might be other possibilities - did the Tourist Office come up with anything? Where are you staying, and what lessons will you be taking? Do you know the resort? Good choice of week, it should be really quiet. And of course there will be plenty of snow...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Hmm. I would think both kids might be happier with each other for company as the kindergartens, or any group lessons, are going to be French speaking and they are likely to be the only English speakers. The ESF "club Piou Piou" is for 3 - 5 year olds, according to the website and their kids area has a substantial telecorde lift, which should give ample scope even for a fairly adventurous 5 year old during the week - the cord is also open free, to anyone, so is a good place to take kids for a play in the afternoon, if they like skiing. So much depends on the child - there are some interesting Snowheads threads about small children learning to ski. Some love it, but it can be cold and miserable, and some don't love it at all, especially if it means being talked at in French!

I have emailed the family I am thinking of, where I know the mother does some child minding sometimes - very nice family. She worked for the ESF, in reception, last season and it's possible she will therefore not be available. There might be other possibilities - did the Tourist Office come up with anything? Where are you staying, and what lessons will you be taking? Do you know the resort? Good choice of week, it should be really quiet. And of course there will be plenty of snow...

Thanks for emailing the family - I live in hope! The tourist office came up with a huge list but only one english speaker and she can only do evenings. I will ring her again incase she has a day off during the week and can help us. We had les Saisies recommended by a French friend who was agog at the prices we were paying in Courchevel. We are really looking forward it I have to say. However, the downside is the lack of childcare I guess. Not to worry, we shall simply have to take turns if it comes to it. We are staying at the Hameau du beaufortain - decided that it would be good to have a pool for the kids, should the skiing be a bit of a disaster. Glad to hear we have chosen a good week - and we have been told that aspect is great for snow. And thanks for the heads up on safety in numbers for the kindergarten- I suspected that might be the case. We are travelling with a 4 year old, a 5 year old, 7 and 9 year old. Plus the baby. Do you think we might be better getting a private lesson for all the kids - worried that the age range is too broad to make that idea work. Sorry for bombarding you with questions!Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Get a blonde, Swedish nanny, about 21 years of age wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Get a blonde, Swedish nanny, about 21 years of age

and make sure he skis well, too. jennyspiers, I'll send you a PM
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy