Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar, Exclusive 10s, 8s, or neither. Buying skis and a little lost :) Please help.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right... So I have been skiing about once or twice a year for a week or so since about as soon as I could walk (I'm 16 now) and I am finally getting some skis as I am getting an instructing job this winter (finally moved to an area where it snows and has mountains Very Happy ... well hills anyway Confused ). So anyway, I have been looking through all the information on buying skis and on the skis themselves that I can possibly find on the web and I am a little lost as to what to buy.

I am an intermediate to advanced skier I suppose, I happily do blacks and my favorite place on the mountain is running through virgin or nearly untouched snow in the trees. That said I also like to have some fun with speed on piste and I have been known to do some jumps. I am looking for a ski to accommodate all of these. If it helps to know, I am 5'5" and weigh about 130lbs.

So far my search has found me looking at a pair of Dynastar Exclusive 10 Women's skis and a pair of Dynastar Exclusive 8 Women's skis. The 10s are $250 and the 8s are $150. I am currently trying to get in touch with the seller about whether or not they come with bindings as he manages to contradict himself and say once in the listing that they do and once that they don't Puzzled .

I am a little worried about getting women's skis as what I have been reading seems to indicate the "women's" actually means "non-aggressive skier/light skier" and I would describe myself as quite an aggressive skier. The review on the 10s describes them as aggressive skis however and everything else about them seems perfect.

I can't think of any other info to put in here, but if you would like any more information then please say.

I am really rather lost with all this and I very much appreciate any help I can get, even if it is just a one sentence reply so thanks a load in advance folks and happy skiing!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crazysnowfish666, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Kitty my SO who is also an Instructor has a pair of Dynastar Exclusive Carve, which are very similar to the Exclusive 10's and also a pair of Exclusive Legends which She uses most of the time. The Legends are far more versatile and love soft snow and off piste, while the Carves are great for piste and hard pack.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! I have had a bunch of recommendations and spent ages looking through all of them. I have finally settled on a pair of Armada ARVs that I found used at about $300 and I can't wait to try them out. Thank you again for your help.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy