Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free 6-day forecast for facebookers.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14456580724

Join this group and they'll post a new password every week or so.

Beats metcheck hands down, i reckon. But then, that's why you have to pay for it, i suppose.

Morning, by the way, everyone. Hope that's not rain i'm seeing on the Avoriaz webcams? If it is, then i don't wanna know. Looks bitter up there. Brrrrrrr. Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ice_pie wrote:

Er, what's the point of that then? Why bother with a password if it's "free"?

ice_pie wrote:
Beats metcheck hands down, i reckon. But then, that's why you have to pay for it, i suppose.

Puzzled

Metcheck is free to access and has been as long as I can remember. Snow Forecast charge for access to 7-day forecasts - did you mean them?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J2Dave, they're offering free access to a particular group of people (ie Facebook users who are a member of the Snow Forecast group) by allocating them a password. If anyone else wants the six-day forecasts they have to subscribe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, Thanks!

J2Dave, Yeah, Metcheck's free, but not normally as reliable as snow-forecast, which you pay for. Which i'm far too tight-fisted to do! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ice_pie wrote:

Where will they post it? I just had a quick look and couldn't see any password. Seems a bit of a risky strategy to give away your only product...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[cynical mode]rob@rar, depends on how long you do it for? Get the people in and get them hooked and then "forget" to post passwords.[/cyniical mode]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, yes, more than likely. I wonder how long before someone posts on the Wall for that group that you can get the raw data for free and with just a wee bit of effort can make a reasonable stab at forecasting yourself? Or better still, visit snowHeads Snow reports section for top quality forecasting Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Bottom of the post-wall is where you can find the password etc. As for snow-heads forecasting capabilities? Hmmm....... Think i'll stick to counting tea-leaves and watching the pidgeons flight paths.

Now where did i put that bucket of sheeps intestines and my saltpetre?

wink
snow report
 brian
brian
ice_pie, saltpetre ? Was he on his nitrogen cycle ? Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what a load of crap
they give you one day for a 6 day forecast and snow-forecast are the worst site for weather i've ever used

total con
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"Join this group and get a complimentary 2 week membership of snow-forecast.com! We will post new password inside this group every couple of weeks throughout the ski season."
So its two weeks free.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, A nitrogen cycle? Bah. That wouldn't work. Whats wrong with pedal power? The yoofs these days...

snowangel., Crikey. Is there personal history there? You sound like they may have crossed you at some stage?

jbob, Sounds like that password expires in a few days, but i 'll be in the mountains by then so who gives a hoot, eh? And it's still, in my experience, a little better than Metcheck. Wouldn't catch me paying for it though!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just joined and got a message from them with a username and pword for free access until 25th November.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hmm never got the email from them but they did provide a password on the wall post, sadly that expired today and they are yet to update with a new password (suffering withdrawls).

For someone who is stuck on the wrong side of the equator for another 20 days until I head north I have found there reports about whistler valuable and being able to get the extended 6 day forecast for free is certainly a bonus. Finding a website that provides such information about northern hemisphere ski resorts is a damn site harder than it is for aussie and even new zealand resorts.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel., you can hardly call it a 'con' when it's free.

They don't post the password on the site, they send you a message.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy