Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GVA train transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry, another boring resort transfer question. I'm thinking of grabbing a short break in the next couple of weeks and am wondering if there any resorts already open which are easy to get to by train from Geneva airport?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beedeji, Not sure I'm going to answer your question properly as 'Next couple of weeks' 'already open' may not be synonymous as most resorts have been opening 'weekends' only as of last week.

The easiest resorts to acces by rail from GVA are the Swiss ones,

Easiest connexions ( rail only) are Gstaad Superski, Villars, Crans Montana, Leysin afaics ; however postbuses extend to any Valais/Vaud resort. Verbier surely likely to be most 'snow-sure' .... and you can nearly go all the way by train .. just a bus 'up the hill' ???
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre, More or less what I thought, thanks. Actually, just noticed this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31993 so that gives me a few more ideas.

BTWE, there's no easy train connection to the French side? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beedeji, I don't believe it is easy as Cluses is the 'best' early stop and less regularity .... others may disagree as we've not been that way ...

Edit - I was in Gstaad last weekend and great conditions but will it last ??? ..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Train from the airport is a little disjointed - need to take a short train into Geneva cetre, then a train on from there - either to

Cluses - for Flaine/Les Carroz/Morrillon/samoens or Portes du Soleil
Chamonix
Various Swiss resorts

Personally I'd hire a car as this is generally cheaper (depending on your group size), quicker and generally more convenient..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it possible to go to chamonix from geneva to ski for 1 day, we have a couple of days in Geneva and was wondering about the feasability as a day trip, wouldn't want to stay overnight as have already booked accom in Geneva ( unfortunately before i thought of doing this)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lynseyf, altibus goes from the airport to Cham etc. quite regularly
beedeji, same for Tignes/Val etc. with Tignes open now, and fully open even maybe now ???

A lot of places seem to open around 1st Dec, I am getting to Zurich on this day and Andermatt/Arosa/St Anton are possibilities and they will all be open then Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
lynseyf, it's only about an hour from Geneva to Chamonix, so yes, very feasible.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
simo1234 wrote:
Train from the airport is a little disjointed - need to take a short train into Geneva cetre, then a train on from there - either to

Cluses - for Flaine/Les Carroz/Morrillon/samoens or Portes du Soleil
Chamonix
Various Swiss resorts

Not disjointed at all if you're going to a Swiss resort , no change at Geneva but probably somewhere later to get up the mountain ie Montreux. Aigle, Bex, Sierre etc.... but they all link in minutes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks folks. Just hope I can get the time off now... Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lynseyf, the easiest option is probably to hire a car for the day, probably the cheapest, too. Otherwise there are plenty of coach services or you could look into booking a transfer.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just taken the train/postbus from Geneva to Saas Fee on Friday and it was a really easy journey and Saas Fee is open with skiing back to the village. snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SBB|CFF|FFS

Timetable

Date:
Time:
Departure
Arrival

This might be useful for checking train times and journey times.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oooo, nice gadget admin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, shall we have one on the MSB topic too Madeye-Smiley
snow report
admin, That's all very well but I can't be bothered to do it myself. Can you please work out for me where the best snow conditions are with the most lifts open and shortest transfer, not sure what date yet so do it for every day between now and Christmas. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
beedeji, check out http://www.railaway.ch/Francais/snowandrail/index.html for combined travel and lift pass
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy