Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre-season jitters

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not on snow until mid Dec, and I CAN NOT wait. It's worse than xmas for a 4year old. I'm stuck in the UK, fantasising about snow and whooshing down it. I'm fondling my skis at inappropriate moments. I'm spending faaaar too much time on the web aimlessly reading snow-related stuff when I should be working. I'll get sacked at this rate, and I'm driving Mr M, my friends, and workmates potty with talk of snow-related stuff.

How do you cope!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We don't Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Know the feeling. Every day, I open Snowheads, and check for new posts. I look for snow reports. Re-read items on the resorts I am booked in for. Check my notes on what I must yet do ready for the trip. Think about what I will pack....

Oh, and remind myself that it's only a holiday. Yeh, right !!!

6 weeks tonight and I will be on the plain to Geneva.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it's the same for everyone. I know when and where I'm going (I've even paid for some of it), I know what the resorts are like and I think I probably know my first runs.
I learnt last season that the excitement never lessens - I did my first full season and yet, even in April, every morning was a "Hurrah! I'm skiing today!" moment.
I think I need to emigrate Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pre-season jitters is right !! I broke my leg the last time I was skiing .. so haven't quite worked up the courage (or the money) to book again !! Although reading snowheads is definitely getting me thinking about a snow holiday .. but maybe its time for me to switch to boarding !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Caspar, that'll be a 5 second ski down to the second lift after carrying your skis up the cloates Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
by wishing my life away.

3 weeks and Ill have just completed my first days skiing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm so glad I'm not the only person obsessed by skiing. My wife thinks it is a serious cause for concern. News of a huge dump has started me off again. Hope it doesn't all melt. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why are we so like this with skiing? Are other people as fanatical about their two weeks in the sun? Do they check on the weather updates & long-range forecasts? What is it about skiing holidays that makes us so obsessive? snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cathy my theory is that we all suffer from mild SAD and huge doses of big shiny white stuff in the middle of the winter is just what we need...and I'm sticking with it!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cathy Coins, because we actually DO stuff on our holidays....c.f. sunworshipers who loll around on deckchairs. Which can be done any time of the year, including yer back yard. And which is not the case with skiing. Which makes it more desirable. If I grew up in the Alps, skiing every other waking moment, I'd probably have gotten bored and moved away by now.

Thank god for cloudy wet Southampton!

Ian Hopkinson, how much do you pay for yours? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Manda, I'm sure the Columbian marching powder would be cheaper...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris M-J - as far as I know, Geneva is in a mountainous region, and so not on a plain.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dan,
Quote:

Caspar, that'll be a 5 second ski down to the second lift after carrying your skis up the cloates

Sorry - missed your entry rolling eyes . You're right I suppose, though I wasn't really counting the change of chairlifts. Come to think of it, I wasn't really counting the short ski down to the Triplex lift either. Was more thinking of the red from the top down past Sportinia to the two-man chair above Jouvencaux. Can't wait!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi! I 'm so glad I found this site---to be among like-minded addicts of the white stuff! I can't wait to get on that first chairlift--and be whooshing down that first run! I am booked to go end of January to La Plagne---but I may have to get a long weekend in before then--to Austria or anywhere!!--I have seriously thought of relocating to the Alps---is this a common sideeffect ? Puzzled
latest report
Julieanne. Yes. Ask PG, ise, and easkiski. They all live there. Sigh. One day.
snow conditions
Just to make you all jealous - last season ended on May 16th, and I started this season on October 23rd! But I did spend the entire summer dreaming of the white stuff - it got so bad that while I was on holiday in the UK I had to investigate the indoor skiing in Leeds - very interesting, and it did hold me over to the start of the season!
I wouldn't want to relocate to the Alps though - out here in California the season is longer, and there's no language barrier! Plus it is possible to ski in the morning, and have a BBQ on the beach for dinner! Very Happy So you can be a sun worshipper too! (I won't ski in a bikini, but some do!!!?)
snow conditions
pollittcl, who's jealous? In France we skied through the summer on the glaciers, then a short break until October (well before the 23rd) when the season started again. Last season we skied right through to the second week of May as well. Language barrier, Tignes? You're kidding!

So there! NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh wink
ski holidays
Julieanne wrote:
I have seriously thought of relocating to the Alps---is this a common sideeffect ?

I doubt you could afford it. The house we bought cost more than the equivalent in London.
latest report
My middle Daughter is off to the Alpes next week for the season....am I jealous?
Of course not.....much!!! Mr. Green
snow report
Davidof, that's not that uncommon now, I was reading an article last week about the impact of increasing house values on the various French regions. One of the comments was that in Savoie just about every property sold for more than 1 million Euros was purchased by a Brit and that we are the largest single group of purchasers.
ski holidays
Manda, I take regular doses of Dendix. Went to Southampton slope not long ago, there's a hill, trees, ski lift, white-ish stuff, though no whooshing - that's four out of five! Perhaps an mp3 player with snow sounds would do it?..
snow conditions
Davidof, whereabouts did you buy your house in the Alps?
We have been going to Megeve for the last 7 years, and I have totally fallen in love with that resort/village, know many local people there (I speak French)--and have even been looking for an apartment each time I'm there--but to take the decisive step of selling my flat in London and swopping it for an Alpine nest--well, I haven't been brave enough to do it ---yet!!!
I need some encouragement from some of you snowHeads! Puzzled
snow report
David@traxvax wrote:
Davidof, that's not that uncommon now, I was reading an article last week about the impact of increasing house values on the various French regions. One of the comments was that in Savoie just about every property sold for more than 1 million Euros was purchased by a Brit and that we are the largest single group of purchasers.

Well we didn't pay that much but my missus has to be within driving distance of Grenoble for her job. We are between Grenoble and Chambéry. I imagine that some resorts are even more expensive.
latest report
MartinH, I pop down for a bit of dendix in Southampton every now and then - doesn't help much tho, even with music!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy