Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Battery Boot heaters??? Info anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Yes I'm a girl and yes I suffer from cold feet! Imagine that!

Has anyone tried the Battery boot Heaters?

Some are pretty expensive but I'm keen to try if it stops me having to warm my feet on my hubby's tummy after every run!!! Laughing

Any info would be great

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had boot heaters in a previous pair of boots. They did a good job of stopping my feet from freezing, although battery life on the highest setting wasn't brilliant (about 3 hours of use).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have some ancient Hotronics and I love them. I wouldn't survive without them. I'm an instructor and in the winter when I'm not necessarily moving around much on the dry slope, my heaters are wonderful.

I think Thermics are the new sort of industry standard ones.

If you suffer very cold feet, they're worth every penny!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
waterskibabe, get them. I bought some for Mrs P and she loves them. She never sets them to really warm, just enough to stop her toes from getting frozen. She can get 1.5 full days out of a single charge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor, does she wear boots with one-piece lugs or 3-piece?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, I don't know. Lange CRW80s, I think. Why?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i suffered from cold feet, then i bought a thermic-air boot dryer, plug it into the mains after a days skiing, and they are toasty and dry in the morning. And i no longer suffer from cold feet. I reckon that sweat from the previous day was making my feet cold. It makes your boots smell nice aswell, and no batteries!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I got a set for Mrs Mosh and she loves them. Also a set of spare batteries so she can run them at full blat all day if she wants.

Interestingly though, she got a new pair of boots last year and never needed to switch the heaters on.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc wrote:
Interestingly though, she got a new pair of boots last year and never needed to switch the heaters on.

I've not bothered moving the heaters to my new boots. My old boots were too big (S&R special rolling eyes ) so I had to clamp them up real tight to stop my foot moving around, hence poor circulation and cold feet. New boots fit properly so don't need to be done up so tight - cold toes largely a thing of the past Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
waterskibabe, a quick question: what do you wear on your head?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the great bits of info - def putting them on my xmas list now!

I think my boots are fine and I couldn't dream of going through the pain of newones! I'll have these forever now they are finally comfy!

I wear a helmet but missing what difference this makes as my head is toasty warm! Although maybe if my ears are cold I won't moan about my feet so much! Puzzled

Cheers guys!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

when I went into Filarinskis to ask about boot heaters, the boot fitter said that if my feet were cold it was likely that the blood vessels which run through the top of my feet were being a bit squeezed. I think he was right - I now have new boots and only suffer in really cold weather. I do have thermic ones, but you need to be careful the packs don't get knocked off the back of your boots.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="pam w"]
Quote:

This could have been the fabulous weather we had last season!!!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waterskibabe, I suffered badly with cold feet and considered buying boot warmers but decided to try the cheaper option of disposable foot warmers first. They did the job well, a little hot at first but kept my feet warm all day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, can't you put them round the front of your boots?
snow conditions
smca wrote:
waterskibabe, I suffered badly with cold feet and considered buying boot warmers but decided to try the cheaper option of disposable foot warmers first. They did the job well, a little hot at first but kept my feet warm all day.

You can actually fit them in your boots? Here may lie part of your issue with having cold feet...
snow report
Quote:
pam w, can't you put them round the front of your boots?

No, they wouldn't fit on the front
ski holidays
Oh, that's odd, mine do Puzzled
snow conditions
I haven't had my Hotronics moved to my new boots yet - March was too warm for it to be any problem anyway - and boy did I miss them last weekend. Boots good and comfy, feet blocks of ice. I just get cold feet, and the temperature of my feet tends to determine the temperature of the rest of me. Reckon I'll be heading to our ski shop in the coming week Wink (I presume you can get new brackets for the batteries? The old ones are riveted to my old boots which are in the UK awaiting an eBay listing...)
snow report
parlor, I was asking because boots with solid midsoles are better insulated than ones with cut-away midsoles. It looks like mrs. p. has the warm sort.
latest report
can you fit boot warming devices to rentals/ should rental shops have it as an option? My mrs gets cold feet at xscape - god help her at 3000m!
snow report
Mattmulkeen, you could put them in , but the cable would have to run up inside the liner and this may cause discomfort, normally you cut the liner to pass the cable through and route it between the liner and shell, not sure of may rental shops who would like you to do this....some of the salomon and atomic boots are pre wired with an element inside a flat footbed, you still have to buy the battery pack [the expensive bit!!] ....sounds like you need to treat the said OH to a nice shiny pair of boots for Xmas Toofy Grin
latest report
waterskibabe, http://tinyurl.com/324zy9 A friend of mine has these and swears by them. Three year guarantee, too.
ski holidays
Quote:

sounds like you need to treat the said OH to a nice shiny pair of boots for Xmas

the best idea. Skiing is no fun with cold feet. Or if you're not ready for that, you could get some of the warming insoles that you use just once, and take a pair with you when you go to hire boots, to be sure there's room for them. But you need a new pair each day.
ski holidays
parlor,
Quote:

You can actually fit them in your boots? Here may lie part of your issue with having cold feet...

They're really thin. Can't get them under my toes but are fine under my arches. Prefer this option to cutting a hole in my boot liner. A friend of mine had leaky liners last year , got frostbite and will never feel her big toes again.
ski holidays
CEM,
Quote:

sounds like you need to treat the said OH to a nice shiny pair of boots for Xmas

... or double socks! wink

pam w,

do you get the insoles from your average everyday ski shop?

Cheers for the advice!
snow conditions
Mattmulkeen, I think you'll find you can get them in the average UK chemists - with all the other foot stuff, insoles, liners etc. Not ski-specific. Might be worth trying them out on walking boots or something before you go. I have also used the little teabag type things - which are available in ski shops, cheapest in French chains like Decathlon. I was very dubious I could get one in my boot (they're a different shape from the things you put in your gloves) but they go under the toes, and were fine. It's worth persisting to find a solution; people who have never suffered from cold feet, or skied with someone who has to stop every five minutes to go inside and warm them up, just don't appreciate how miserable it is.
ski holidays
hyweljenkins wrote:
waterskibabe, http://tinyurl.com/324zy9 A friend of mine has these and swears by them. Three year guarantee, too.

Just looked at the link you sent over - thanks
That surely doesn't include the battery does it??? Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waterskibabe, my husband bought me the Therm-ic boot heaters and they have transformed my ski comfort. Previously my feet turned to ice blocks and I couldn't wait to get my boots off - now my feet are toasty warm and I could ski all day (or at least until the batteries run out! snowHead ). I also have heated gloves...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy