Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bads Gastein early March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please tell me booking this was a good idea?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dazman, It was a great idea....stayed in Bad Hofgastein in March last year, it was fantabulous!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been in March but had loadsa snow in late Jan once. Stop worrying, what will be will be. The SportGastein area is a bus-ride away and is pretty snowsure.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
See??...this why I love this site, cos these are just the answers I wanna hear.

Thanks folks.

Any decent apres venue suggestions??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied at Gastein in April, there's lots of skiing above the mid-stations so even if snow is suffering lower down, there's still loads to go at.

D
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apres.... er.... Silver Bullet was one place I remember. A lot of it goes on the hotel bars, I got absolutely wrecked one night at a "beach party" made the mistake of sucking on a straw sticking out of a big bucket on the bar. Bad headache next morning. A couple of mates found a lap-dancing place if that is your thing dazman, but don't ask me where! This was all Bad Gastein itself, not Bad Hofgastein, or Dorf Gastein. The thermal baths are worth one night. Heated open air pools, mixed naked saunas, oo la la.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there last New Years when snow conditions all round weren't the best and there was still pretty good skiing to be had higher up, especially in Sportgastein. I doubt you've anything to worry about. As for apres ski, the Silver Bullet was always buzzing and there were several other good bars in the same area. Bad Gastein isn't really a party town though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As others here have affirmed march should still be pretty good. I was there for a couple of long weekends last year and the year before. 06 was certainly better then 07 but i do remember at least one day this year where we had an awesome days skiing in dorfgastein / grossarl... at least from top to middle. down to the bottom was rubbish but then that was the case almost all through the winter. and theres always sportgastein. as for nightlife silver bullet and haegbloms are my suggestion. theres also central (?) near the waterfall for later into the night. the nightlife is not comparable to st anton but kick things off with a few tequilas and you'll enjoy it !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy