Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whose going where over Christmas and New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering who out there is planning a Christmas or New Year snow holiday and where are ye going. I am thinking hard about a DIY job to probably one of Eastern Switzerland, the Arlberg or Dolomites and wondering where others are going so I can avoid them (only messing) Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Melbourne to see the in-laws......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tenerife. Could be snow on Teide. Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski and Mosha Marc, I did say snow holiday, but still interesting info to get the thread started snowHead

kitenski, where are they from in Melbourne? My fiance is from there also.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Ross to get you started with snow holidays: we are off to Val Thorens for a few days, out Boxing Day and back on NYE Very Happy Looks like they have some good snow there already

Melbourne - a great place, my favourite place in Aus, wouldnt mind living around St Kilda or Brighton.......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Gets. 12 of us filling a chalet....with our own chef. canny wait!

nice snow fall already....keeping fingers crossed for more.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt for new year
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Austria for christmas & new year with Hugh Jarse! wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zermatt with the gang ....... no idea how many though
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ischgl for Christmas with family and friends. snowHead Back home for New Year.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scotland
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Off to Tignes for New Year with family all crammed into your typical French ski apartment!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plagne 1800, 14 of us in a chalet. Three families with the youngest being 16. Should be fun....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arlberg, 9 at the last count I think (plus the idiots we know that live there Wink)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Off to Ardnamurchan for New Year, don't know if there will be much snow though.
snow conditions
Mother-in-laws

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Renry wrote:
Mother-in-laws

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Is there much skiing in Transylvania ? Laughing
snow report
Where I'm going I know It will have great atmosphere good food good drink great friends great fun and snow. What more can you ask for at Christmas?
ski holidays
The Bish family are going to Wengen for the first time. Wll be glad to meet up with any other snowHeads there at that time. (Slow intermediate, well me, the others are good)

snowHead
snow report
Serre Chevalier for both.
snow report
Belle Plagne over the New Year snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Peter Ross wrote:
kitenski and Mosha Marc, I did say snow holiday, but still interesting info to get the thread started snowHead

They live in Beaconsfield, my wife was born there Smile

However having seen all the snow and also going via Tokyo I really wish I could be skiing, will have to make do with surfing Smile
ski holidays
Whistler for Christmas and the New Year followed by a few days in Vancouver - out on the 22nd, back on the 6th

Happy to meet up with any snowHead out that way
latest report
Just me and him in Val D'Isere 22nd December for the week. First time skiing at Christmas.....really excited snowHead

Wonderful to reply when all family ask who is going where, driving where, cooking what etc., and we can say "we are skiing" ha ha
snow conditions
I'm with boredsurfin, Christmas and New year in our favourite village. Pere Noel on Christmas Eve through to fireworks on someone's balcony on NYE. Loads of skiing in between.... and great friends, great food and lost to drink!
ski holidays
kitenski, the surf should be good, I'm no surfer but have tried to body board at Torquay and Sorrento.

Melbourne is a great city, although it can get very hot!

On snow holidays, not surprisingly France is a favourite.
snow report
Peter Ross wrote:

It could be snowy, honest;

ski holidays
Les 2 Alpes from 22nd to 29th with Mr Avago, little Avago and Nanny & Grandad Avago. We've never had Xmas away and can't wait. Fingers crossed for lots of the white stuff!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, That photo looks better than many alpine resorts last Christmas!
ski holidays
Engelberg for 5 nights. Bit nervous about it (especially having been looking at various threads on here) as have organised it on behalf of friends - but we can't afford the time off to go for a whole week and I've found it really hard to find accommodation for the Friday-Wednesday over new year.
ski holidays
NatalieG, why are you nervous? Have you got accommodation yet or are you still looking as it can be a bitch when you split weeks, although closer to the date more should come up.
ski holidays
Chamonix cant wait. Anymore snowheads there?
snow report
We're all intermediate skiers (of varying standards and confidence within that) but we're on piste skiers and aren't going there looking for off piste skiing - and from various posts on here it seems like the on piste might be a bit limited. Also people don't seem that confident about snow record over new year in previous years. We're staying in the Hotel Terrace which also sounds a bit alarming but in a funny way (with after dinner entertainment by the staff!). Anyway it's booked now and I am very excited to be going skiing for new year regardless! Am hoping that there'll be enough to keep us entertained and that the current conditions mean there will be plenty of snow....
ski holidays
Les Arc 1800 for a big 12 days of skiing and snowkiting. me the wife,son and mother in law
snow conditions
Quote:

lost to drink!

Sounds like a good holiday, Mouth,
snow report
NatalieG, there aren't a huge number of pistes but they'll keep you occupied for a few days and they're great fun. Skiied there the first time after only a couple of weeks so no probs for intermediates Very Happy
ski holidays
SnowHead Bash in Devon
latest report
Belle Plagne for us over Christmas
snow report
Mrs NBT's Mum's house. Tried Christmas away one year, never again.
latest report
Spyderman wrote:
SnowHead Bash in Devon

That'll be the back bowls of Dartmoor I presume wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy