Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

zermatt restauarants recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi

just looking for some good local knowledge on Zermatt restaurants. my girlfriend and i are doing the new years week, which i am persuming it will be chaos! ( always think the worst) we are looking for some good value restaurants in town and on the hill , the hill i know will be pricey. would appreciate any recommendations for a nice place to dine (atmoshpere, ambience ,bah blah etc) on NYE without spending to much dollarydoos and bookings necessary throughout this period??.

with the on piste side of things how early do you have to go before the Q's start in the morning?
we are early birds always trying to get first tracks on other mountains to beat the lunch rush.

absolutly cant wait for this part of our trip never had a proper alpine experience before cant call australia or nz alpine experinces really, short seasons in wet snow!! hopefully Zermatt delivers us a wonderful experience....

all knowledge greatly appreciated and will be logged into my brain for when we arrive javascript:emoticon('Little Angel') javascript:emoticon('Little Angel')javascript:emoticon('Little Angel')javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the mountain: Fluhalp (my favourite) towards the Rothorn sector, and Chez Vrony and Zum See down both down towards Furri (IIRC)

In Town: Nellys (excellent steaks and "wild" meats), Grampi's, (Pizza, Pasta, Ribs etc), Old Zermatt (under Hotel Couronne). There is also an excellent Sushi bar under one of the hotels (cant remember what it's called). The North Wall (best pizza's in town). Never had a bad meal in Zermatt yet!

Apres Ski: Best place is Papperla on the street where the church and climbers graveyard is, outdoor and indoor with live bands on at least a few times a week, Hennustall (on the main run back to town from Furri), English Bar (cant remember the name, down the side of the Gornergrat train station). Later at night, Pollux Tea Bar, Schneewitchen (under Papperla), Elsie's (lovely wine bar with chilled atmos), The Little Bar (hole in the wall on the main street, with home brewed schnapps), and there's a place by the Cinema called The Vernissage (I think) that is very flash, and an experience.

Hope these help!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers for that i will jott those down .... plenty of choice
latest report
 brian
brian
goofyfutz, if you're really early birds, you can beat the queues by taking the slowest lift on the mountain !

Get one one of the early trains on the Gornergrat railway (I think 7.10am is the first one Shocked ). Since all the areas are much better linked than they used to be you can ski into the Rothorn or KM sectors from Gornergrat, thus missing the valley bottlenecks for the Sunegga funicular or KM express.

Cefc has your apres options covered, the Fluhalp is one of the best mountain restos ever (it's worth phoning ahead for a lunchtime reservation). Only place I think he missed is the suntrap bar/olympia restaurant which is on the run home from Sunegga. Really good food and a cracking view from an elevated position above the village.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc wrote:
On the mountain: Fluhalp (my favourite) towards the Rothorn sector, and Chez Vrony and Zum See down both down towards Furri (IIRC)

In Town: Nellys (excellent steaks and "wild" meats), Grampi's, (Pizza, Pasta, Ribs etc), Old Zermatt (under Hotel Couronne). There is also an excellent Sushi bar under one of the hotels (cant remember what it's called). The North Wall (best pizza's in town). Never had a bad meal in Zermatt yet!

Apres Ski: Best place is Papperla on the street where the church and climbers graveyard is, outdoor and indoor with live bands on at least a few times a week, Hennustall (on the main run back to town from Furri), English Bar (cant remember the name, down the side of the Gornergrat train station). Later at night, Pollux Tea Bar, Schneewitchen (under Papperla), Elsie's (lovely wine bar with chilled atmos), The Little Bar (hole in the wall on the main street, with home brewed schnapps), and there's a place by the Cinema called The Vernissage (I think) that is very flash, and an experience.

Hope these help!

Not bad going for a weekend break !!! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not a 'restaurant' as such, but do go to Elsie's Bar in town (almost opposite the statues of the brass marmottes or whatever they are). You think it's just a bar but it's not in that sense. It's tiny inside and the food and wine fabulous. Do go.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arlberg, one does one's best Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
how many swiss francs is the go for a stanard meal in these places nowadays Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy