Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowboard rental in La Thuile & Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone please recommend a company online or particular shop in the resort to rent snowboards and boots from in La Thuile & Les Arcs 1800.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The same rental company for both resorts?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, your playing with me now Puzzled Puzzled go on give us a clue.....which one Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was a question - are you looking for one company which will rent you kit in both resorts? Or are you looking for one company in Les Arcs and one company in La Thuile? Sorry if I'm being a bit dense!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, mis understanding on both parts i think..just want the best deal i can get, two holidays one with the family and one in italy by myself. dont need any fancy boards as all novices.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think Intersport are as good as any in Les Arcs, and I think they offer a discount if you book online. They have a few outlets in the resort, so one of them should be fairly close to your accommodation.

Just out of interest, are you traveling from La Thuile to Les Arcs directly (or vice versa)?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, Does the stone VTT place rent planks and boards out over winter? If it's the same folks running things that's the place to go as they were great over summer - kit cheaper and loads better than the competition.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saxabar wrote:
rob@rar, Does the stone VTT place rent planks and boards out over winter?

Where's that?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to the left of the kid's club building (facing).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
I think Intersport are as good as any in Les Arcs, and I think they offer a discount if you book online. They have a few outlets in the resort, so one of them should be fairly close to your accommodation.

Just out of interest, are you traveling from La Thuile to Les Arcs directly (or vice versa)?

i am going to thuile in january and we are all in franch in feb
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, can you help me with my other topic on car parking in les arcs 1800, you asked me the question...heres the answer...staying in an apartment in Aiguille Grive , will be there at half term 9th feb for one week.
thanks andrew
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andybabes, That's the first of the two half-term weeks, so parking will be at a premium. If you want to book into a covered car park it might be an idea to book in advance as I'm pretty sure they get full during the busy weeks - maybe email the Tourist Office (lesarcs@lesarcs.com) to ask their advice. The main outdoor car park (free) is a bit of a hike from the Aiguille Grive but if you don't plan on using the car during the week this isn't a problem. That car park can get very full, but it shouldn't be an issue if you arrive at a reasonable time on the Saturday, so you should find a spot and leave your car there.

There is a helpful interactive map on the Les Arcs website which shows various locations. You are staying in No. 23 (close to the Charemttoger chairlift, usually the shortest queues to get out of 1800), the nearest covered car park is at No. 3, the main outdoor car park is at No. 38. If you are looking for ski/board hire, I think the nearest place would be in the Villards centre (near No. 36).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andybabes wrote:
i am going to thuile in january and we are all in franch in feb

OK, I ask because I know a couple of people who think they can drive directly from La Thuile to Les Arcs (you can in the summer, but not the winter).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, thanks you have been a great help, can you get close enough to Aiguille Grive to unload car or do we have to lug it all from the nearest car park.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andybabes wrote:
rob@rar, thanks you have been a great help, can you get close enough to Aiguille Grive to unload car or do we have to lug it all from the nearest car park.

I don't know for certain as I tend not to go to that end of the resort much (my place is at No.29) but I'm fairly sure you will be able to drive to the front door, unload, then park elsewhere.
snow report
saxabar wrote:
Just to the left of the kid's club building (facing).

Umm, not sure. Never been in to that one.
snow conditions
hi andy, just looking at your post...i would offer you a great deal on my website for board hire if you get in contact.
latest report
snowbrainer, Do you do ski rental for les arcs? What's your website? snowHead
snow report
snowbrainer, do you have an email or link to website
snow report
hi dont want to annoy or spam....but as u have asked dub dub dub.snowbrainer.com...hope we can help u out
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy