Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

schladming snow report

Poster: A snowHead
skied yesterday on planai, sat 17 nov.cloudy, some sun, -7 at top.great snow conditions on piste and powder off piste.ventured through the trees in a couple of places, powder was light 20-30cm. could ski back to town via black 3. 8 lifts open on planai, try post photos next week, when i've access to my pc. off to haus today,snowing steadily in town right now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waynos, Excellent.. I will be heading that directions on Friday. Fingers crossed the temperature stays down! snowHead
Are there many people on slopes?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, brill news for me.me and a mate just booked flights for then 1st dec for a short break before the season starts.cant wait ,flights from stansted ar a penny each way ,you got to go for it .all my mates i go with normally cant go ,so im going with a novice.i dont mind though,he is a china man ,so if the town is quiet he is going to teach me his language,all i need to know about ordering food from a take away. Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 18-11-07 20:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
another good day in haus,lots of powder in amongst trees,not as many lifts open in haus as planai but still fantastic skiing for november. not very busy on the slopes.just headimg up planai 4 last run of day,sun breaking through after cloudy light snow.my last ski until mid dec.great weekend
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Back in the UK now, so I've up loaded a few pics from the weekend in Schladming.

A great weekend of skiing, shame I don't know the area a bit better as the powder was fantatsic,
just too many trees in the way.

Lots of snow in the trees.

The Dachstein Range

Top of Planai
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
waynos, brilliant photos and fantastic conditions......roll n Xmas!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, 8 days to go and i will be there .only there for two and a half days,is there enough runs open there for that amount of time ,are any of the links open,and can you board back to the town .any info will be appreciated.cheers. Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, sorry forgot to mention the photos,brill.you should start a new thread,showing them.i bet you will get a load of feed back,tell me if you do .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos, Gorgeous photos!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris boarder, should be enough open for a few days. Can ski top to bottom of Planai, Haus had some skiing open, though not to valley (but people were and the snow cover was good enough), also Reiteralm is open but I didn't ski there. Don't worry should be good when you get there. More sow forecast for the weekend after a little warm spell.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
waynos, absolutely love the third photo down - you should have that made into a poster and sell it! I want to be there now...

Thanks for sharing those,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chris boarder,

hi chris boarder just wondered if you were that gay boarder in flaine last year that likes to start at 11 stop for lunch at 1 and finish at 3.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
winwongboarder, hi there mr pong,sorry mr wong,have you still got your bald head ,and pony tail.are you going away this year,or are the payments to much on your daewoo jeep.did you get one of those free bright green break Toofy Grin down jackets when you bought that bucket off manuere.Ive been told ,i dont how true it is ,but do you also get a suzuki jeep chucked in ,just incase you get stuck in the snow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, Im absolutely gutted, i skid schladming last wednesday and it looked absolutely nothing like your fotos. All the snow had gone from the trees and it looked more like spring. The temp was +10 and the snow was very springlike. Just gos to show how cruel luck is. Arrived on the sunday and only skid there by chance as kitz glacier was having wind issues. Its my life long ambition to ski in fresh heavy snow like that and despite sking at over 30 different resorts over the last few years iv always missed the boat! rolling eyes Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
harrymac, Sorry to hear you missed the fab snow. Looks like it's been snowing there again last couple of days, so your timing was spot on bad. Better luck next time. My solution to increase your chances of fresh pow are much much longer ski trips. wink
snow conditions
waynos, will do so but the other half has much more important plans for me like WORK!!. Still being in the alps sure beats damp grey and mild s wales, and i bought lots of new kit so not all bad. Off to valloire 8th of Jan so i live in hope... Confused
snow report
Just back from Schladming...

We skied Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The weather was very mild on Saturday, with the skiing feeling a little like early spring below the middle station. The temperatures started dropping on Sunday with light snow falling by the end of the day.

From Sunday night onwards it snowed no-stop! snowHead It was pretty cold though, -9 on top and -5 at the middle station with 5-10kph winds.
So on Monday we got up early and basically had the whole mountain to ourselves for most of the day! With a foot or so of fresh snow, it was great oppurtunity to practices our powder turns without having to leave the piste or having to take shovels or GPS transmitters.. rolling eyes

So basically, anybody heading to Schladming in the next week or so is going to have a great time.. Can I come? I'm not very big I could fit in your suit-case, I'll be no trouble at all, I promise.... Madeye-Smiley

Sorry for the rushed post, damn this work thing....

/dd..
snow report
dingdong, Sounds like you had a good trip. Just checked the web cams, wonderful sunny & cold day today with more snow forecast this weekend. I'm out there again in a few weeks, can't wait.

http://www.ski-reiteralm.at/skigebiete-info/webcams-grosansicht/livebild-fageralm.html
latest report
waynos, Yep, we had a really nice time.. There is no doubt we will visit Schladming again. Unfortunately the lifts and runs that link the other resorts weren't open yet so we didn't get to ski the other areas but there was enough for the three days we were there. It looks like there is plenty to do and I'd say the apres ski is good once the resort is in full swing.

/dd..
ski holidays
waynos, one more day to go,and i will be there,cant wait ,im like a child waiting for christmas to come,coming back on monday so i willl let you all know how the powder was. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
ski holidays
waynos, back from hols,every lift was open ,and every run,we had the place to our selfs,all four areas,we done every run in two and a half days ,it took some doing ,but we did it ,the austrias are far friendly than the french .very nice ,helpful people ,we had powder for a full day,and the others was brill .i recomend this resort any time . snowHead
ski holidays
chris boarder, sounds like you had a great time. I'm out again in 10 days, can't wait,loads of snow forecast. Was the new apres ski place open in town near the planai gondola?
ski holidays
chris boarder, great stuff, I love Schladming - any photos?
ski holidays
waynos, Ray Zorro, got loads of potos on my mates camera,im to due to put them on here.i will ask him to do them ,by the way his snowheads name is wingwongboarder,the best runs are at graz,its linked over from planai,easy to get over there,only problem is that there is a drag to come back.but there is a snow bus which goes back to schladming.On top of graz there is a red run,a carving run,its wide,and fast.when going from graz back to planai,there is a blue you need to get back.for a skier its ok ,but for a boarder its fifteen minutes of hell,but its worth it .because that blue turns into a nice flowing run.but beleave me you got to go over to graz,its brill.we drove there one morning,and boarded there all day .has you come down of the slopes in planai to the town ,we when in that huge bar on the right,them austrians enjoys themselfs,dancing at four thirty in the afternoon,wild.only thing abut them is that there are in bed by ten.when im still geting down the beer at one in the morning. Cool
latest report
Hello, i'm thinking of heading out to Schladming beginning of Feb, found some cheap flights and hear we can get there on the train in an hour and a half.

I'm trying to find some digs for myself and my lass - close to slopes/lifts and bars etc, nothing flash just clean and warm = cheap. If you have got any info or advise it would be much appreciated, has anyone transfered by train ? Is it easy to do ?

Any help would be great.
Cheers Chris.
ski holidays
wallas, hi there,i wouldnt bother with a train .in the air port theres loads of car hire companys,down load the directions,and the road to get there is very simple,im not fussy on driving on the right,but its simple ,go on to schalming planni web site ,and speak to the tourist imfo ,ring them is the best,the will pleased to help . snowHead snowHead
snow report
Been a while since I updated the schladming snow report. Been here for almost 2 weeks, until a couple of days ago unbroken sunshine, plenty of snow all over. Last couple of days there has been a small amount of snow with temps staying just below freezing lower down. Skied haus today, near schladming, 5cm of fresh at top making for some nice piste conditions and a bit of fun off the edge here and there. Snowing on and off.Local forecast is for a snowy weekend, starting Friday, but I've not seen the same forecast elsewhere. Fingers crossed, be nice to get the powder skis out for a spin. The fireworks last night (new yesr eve) were fantastic from our position overlooking schladming town.
ski holidays
Hi waynos, be interested in your updates over the next few days, I'm flying out next Weds evening and have seen scarily high temperatures being forecast for next week Shocked so really hoping the snow holds up ... How long are you out there for and any areas/slopes you'd recommend, I'll only be there for a few days so looking to find the best stuff snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rowlski, I'll keep you posted, the various forecast seem to be in some disagreement at the moment, so I'll only provide a link to the best looking one.

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/steiermark/schladmingplanai

Today is pretty cold, -15 up top, but very clear and sunny. Snow conditions are pretty consistent through out the area. The four local mountains all offer pretty consistent piste, generally wide , redish, carving. Higher up, just above the tree line offers some off piste.Personally I like to head to Haus, seems a little quieter and some nice tree skiing if permissions permit. If you have a car then there is loads more skiing within an easy 20-30mins drive.
snow report
Rowlski - I'm flying friday to Schladming coming back tuesday night - I'll be sure to post you an update on my return snowHead
snow conditions
waynos, that's a much better forecast and what I want to see, I'll choose to believe that one until its proved either way Very Happy

Slopes sound ideal for me, intermediate and afraid when too steep and narrow! Will try Haus and looking forward to a bit of tree skiing as have always been high altitude before. Have a car so may wander, how far a drive are the Dachstein glacier slopes?

a.j., thanks, have a great time, hope the snow is good for you!
snow report
Dachstien is around 30 mins, very scenic drive through Ramsau on way to glacier cable car. Great views from the top station. Skiing is rather limited unless go take a guide and try some the of pretty serious ski routes. I suggest you go on a sunny cler day to make the most of it.

If driving around try Flachau, Zaunchanse, Wargrain - all good areas in their own right. Flachau can get bust at weekends. Another little resort covered on the ski amade pass is Galsterberg - east of Schaldming - 15mins or so. Very quiet and on a powder day offers some easily accessible terrain.
ski holidays
Thanks waynos, well if the temperatures warm up next week might go off to the Dachstein glacier, cheers
latest report
Warmed up today, +2ish at mid mountain and cloudy. Soften the piste up very nicely, snow holding from top to bottom. Forecast seem to be a little confused, have been saying snow tomorrow for some days now, but hopefully some fresh stuff in next few days. Just off to watch some old timers (franz klammer and a few others) in a night slalom.
snow conditions
waynos, ta for update, sounds good. The forecasts do seem to be all over the shop at the moment, seems to be predicting freezing around mid moutnain for the next couple of days. Planai website seems to be saying a bit of snow from Tuesday but Snow Forecast says light bit tomorow onwards!? Night slalom sounds good as long as you have some warming Gluhwein Very Happy Happy skiing.
latest report
The photos above are fabulous! Hope it looks like that beginning of Feb when I'm there..Rowlski and Waynos, enjoy the skiing Smile
snow conditions
Much wamer today, started very spring like, sunshine and warmth, very soft snow. Was on the nursery slopes with my son at Rohrmoos when a shower rolled up the valley. Dumped maybe 5cm at the top and snowed down to around 1000m, transparent type snow below that. Lasted about an hour, dumped the son (no friends on a powder day) and shot up Hochwurzen, complete blizzard at the top, piste empty, fantastic ski on a few cms of fresh, got wet and sticky from 1200m downwards. Amazing how little snow can make the piste so more enjoyable to ski. Was hoping it was set in but stopped snowing, followed with lots of cloud and mist. This evening it still looks like showers around, around 2degrees in town, but should cool off as it gets dark. Still plenty of snow, not noticed any noticable decrease in snow depths.

The old timer slalom was entertaining last night, a real little taster for the main night slalom on 22 Jan, can't wait.

Rowlski, If you want to meet up for a ski next week drop us a private mail.

Anyone heading out to schaldming and interested in sharing a guide to discover the local off piste then drop me a pm. Several ski schools offer guiding aimed just at discovering the local powder stashes. Or if someone already has the local knowledge let me know.
snow report
waynos, sounds like the conditions are holding up ok then, had a quick squint at the temps and webcams now, warmish but the pics look good Smile

Who won the old timers race? That must be pretty tought old timers or not, under lights and imagine it must be icier at night.

Might take you up on the offer, only there for a few days so have to see how it works out. I'm checking that my mobile is going to work in Austria, think it should have internet access and all, off to check network's website now ...
ski holidays
Another warm and damp day. Snow higher up, rain lower down on and off. Snow still plentiful, so nothing to worry about and the temps look like they may drop soon. Long way out but heavy snow forecast for next sat. However there always seems to be snow forecst a few days off that doesn't turn up.
ski holidays
Sunny and cooler today. Skied at Haus, piste conditions excellent and at the very top of Haus some 5 - 10cm of fresh snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy