Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ones do I choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I`ve been offered 2 sets of brand new skis, the first pair being,
Fischer Revolution Ice, 180 long 93-63-93, with Marker bindings. set up for size 9 boots.
And the second pair being,
Head Cyber 22 X L, 180 long 97-63-87 with Tyrolia bindings. set up for size 6 boots.

I been twice before and going again in January & Febauray next year so i`m a beginner but want to progress and maybe even get to go to an indoor ski centre in this country as well.
I`m 6ft tall and about 13 1/2 stone. size 10 boot.

So what i`m wondering is can the bindings be adjusted to suit me? and which would be a better pair for me to use for few years.
Thanks in advance
Wozzie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get the fischers the bindings might adjust for your sole length without remounting. Try them with your boots before buying. AFAIK both skis look like thay might be 6 or 7 years old judgung by the names and dimensions so I assume you wouldnt be paying a lot for them.

As a beginner you might want a shorter ski though 165 or 170 is perfectly feasible in a piste ski even for 6 footer.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob,
Thanks for the reply
£40.00 a pair, is that a fair price?
Is Fischer likely to be a better ski than Head in this case?

Wozzie
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
£40 seems fair if they're not too beat up. You may want to get the bindings serviced by a shop particularly if you don't know what you're doing for safety reasons though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob,
There brand new never used.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Still might be seized up if they've been left around for a while (based on ski model year)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So do you think the Fischer ski might be the best bet?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wozzie, IMHO the answer is 'neither' . The designs are ten or more years old and will not help you learn to tip the ski to turn. Find something modern with at least 110 mm tip, or with 17m turn radius or less.

If had showed up at our swap today with those in hand, even still wrapped in plastic, you would have been told to throw them in the skip. Instructors at my home hill would (rightly) refuse to teach you and would make you get hire skis.

If you feel you must, must, must go with one of those, then the Cyber 22 (1999? which colour and does it have a ribbed topsheet?) is probably the lesser evil. Again, my answer is neither.

For a computer analogy, that's Pentium one technology at best.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, what did you think about the length. 180cm a bit long?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, the sizing is, imho, entirely appropriate for that era of design and the 22 is designed for quite a light skier; shorter maybe if he was considering the Cyber 40 or Cyber 60, both of which had more shape and a stiffer flex. The ones with "Space" in the name as in Cyber Space XT could possibly be skied in modern lengths, especially if one fitted a plate on them appropriate to wozzie's weight. I think they were featured in some of Martin Heckelman's videos. The Fischer equivalent would have had an asymmetrical sidecut and been designated 'Radarc' in addition to 'Revolution Ice'.

Don't forget that wozzie would have been fitted with 195cm-200cm straight skis in 1996 unless he was participating in a graduated length learning program, and these came barely an eyeblink later.

</anorak>
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
See, now that is a good argument from comprex.

Totally nailed it, IMV, even remembered the skis spec.

I don't know if Euro instructors would refuse to teach wozzie on them but maybe that should be the decider.
That is if you are having lessons.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I thank you all for your advice, so don`t bother with these skis for me then.

Anyone want to buy a pair of fischer and Head skis going cheep rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy