Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Verbier opened today, Lac de Vaux initially. Unfortuantely I was unable to attend but a text from a mate said that it was champagne powder the likes of which he has not skied in Europe before. Big words from someone in their 9th season in Verbier and who skis Revelstoke from a helicopter each year.

Flumserberg is predicting record early season numbers on Sunday. The Director is warning skiers not to stray from the pistes due to the volume of snow lying on an unstable base... in mid-November!

Davos/Klosters is partly open - Parsenn/Gotschna - with other areas considering opeing this weekend.

Hoch Ybrig is partially open (only 150 cm of snow though...)

Engelberg is partially open

Andermatt is partially open...

...basically it is all looking good, and in case it all disappears in the next week, best make the most of it!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The list of open places is getting quite extensive:

http://wispo.myswitzerland.com/requests/MySwitzerlandSearchRequest.jsp

Just about everywhere will open including Rothenturm Neusell, Sattel-Hochstuckli, Oberiberg, Pizol, Elm, Braunwald, Ski Mythen etc. If we go en-famille it will be Sattel-Hochstuckli.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jungfrau Region -

Winter sport on 17/18 November 2007 on Frist, Kleine Scheidegg and Mürren! 15.11.2007

Special opening rates for Sportpasses Grindelwald-Wengen or Mürren-Schilthorn:
adults CHF 40.- and children CHF 20.-

Open on Saturday/Sunday, 17/18.11.2007:
-Grindelwald-First aerial cableway
-Oberjoch, Schilt, Grindel and Bärgelegg chairlifts and pistes
-First-Schreckfeld piste
-First and Schreckfeld restaurants

-The Wengernalp and Jungfrau Railways
-Lauberhorn and Arven chairlifts and pistes
-Kleine Scheidegg Station Restaurant

-Schilthorn Aerial Cableway until Mürren and BLM Lauterbrunnen-Mürren
-Schiltgrat chairlift and pistes

The valley runs remain closed!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes, lauberhorn and arven are closed tomorrow, infact they are closed the whole season. Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nessy, Klosters on Monday...?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Powderhound, nah I'm sure I will get my fill at Sattel wink Anyhow I think only Parsenn is open, not Klosters and there will be hardly anywhere open on Monday anyway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm gonna try Flumserberg for the first time on Sunday, though i wish it was today because the pictures today look awesome with clear skies, great snow and very few people on the piste.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They have had the coldest morning of the season so far. Oberengadin reported -25C.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kerekip, temps like that I may need to wear a long sleeved shirt. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just read that Tele-Thyon are openening the Trabanta chair at the other end of the 4 Vallees every Sat/Sun. 42 sleeps till first confirmed fix of the season
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No kids so I get a free choice for tomorrow morning. Was thinking about Hoch Ybrig but it looks like the Talabfahrt Weglosen is not open and I can't be bothered with getting the cable car down. There must be plenty of snow though. Probably will end up at Flumserberg.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're off to Hoch Ybrig in the afternoon and will be skiing the Talabfahrt anyway... Or skiing from the Laucheren side if that is open.

Jakobshorn on Monday too...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well it was like mid January in Flumserberg. And we didn't see that good a covering until late February last season. But it was busy! Driving home through Flums at 12:30 I could see the police making people park down the mountain. When I arrived at 08:00 there must have been 30-40 cars already there. By 11:00 there was significant queuing at all lifts except the Arve chairlift.

The pistes were all in very good condition. The worst part was where they had made artificial snow on top of the natural stuff. Off piste was well covered albeit mostly skied out already near to the pistes.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hoch Ybrig was also superb although I am not clever enough to put photos on.

And just met a mate from Davos who was also raving about conditions up there.

So far so good!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back from a weekend in Davos. I've only been skiing since Jan '07 so am no expert, but this was my 6th trip of the year and by far and away the best conditions I have seen on my European trips. The snow was fantastic up on Jakobshorn and equally as good on Davos Parsenn.
snow report
Looks like it is warming up here with a ****** Foehn all week. I would guess though that even the low places have enough snow to last for a while
snow report
my son is in Zermatt at the moment. He's loving it. tells me the snow is sticky but good.
THinks zermatt is the nuts with no cars!
snow report
The foehn should finish tomorrow with snow down to 1500m on Friday and a dry but overcast weekend. Should keep the crowds away Happy Then the outlook is for colder weather with more precipitation.
ski holidays
nessy, nice to hear. Dunno if I'll get to ski much this weekend, need to catch up on work after the last week or so, but good to know anyway
snow report
nessy, that pic shows Flumserberg in much better condition than when I skiied it in January
latest report
Quote:
Looks like it is warming up here with a ****** Foehn all week. I would guess though that even the low places have enough snow to last for a while

maybe. A Foehn can eat an awful lot of snow in a week. Let's hope the cold weather comes back soon.
snow report
boy tells me it was raining last night in Zermatt and the mountain was closed. So they all went and did street rails! He is just loving the lack of cars!
snow conditions
anyone know what the snow conditions and snow base in Andermatt is like at the moment ? I am thinking of heading there for 1st December Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rayscoops, 32cm at village level, 1440m. It's updated on this page:

http://www.slf.ch/swiss-snow/rk83b_snow.html
snow conditions
brian, I have been jumping around loads of web pages but could not fins the base, cheers
snow conditions
http://snow.myswitzerland.com/wintersportbericht/Andermatt%20-%20Hospental%20-%20Realp/res722.html
snow report
nessy, cheers too Very Happy
latest report
I'm in Saaf Fee right now and there is skiing right back to the village today. I arrived yesterday and it snowed overnight and most of today on and off. The snow was good but the light was really flat most of the time. Rain/sleet tonight in the village but I had an excellent meal in Boccalino's. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Update on Saas Fee. The skiing today was much better with breaks in the cloud to give some great skiing conditions with no queues, but a bit windy at the top. I'm here all week, so I expect it will be very quiet during the week as it wasn't that busy at the week-end. The runs back to the village are still very good, so lets hope for more snow to keep them that way. snowHead
latest report
The weather in Saas Fee has been great with blue skies, but no snow. This has been good for me, but not good news for anyone coming here soon. The good news is that there is still skiing back to the resort and they look to be preparing all the runs that are not currently open.

I would expect that they are doing this for next week-end, so most of the resort and runs are likely to be open for then.

Anyone coming here in the next few weeks should be looking at good skiing and the snow at the top of the glacier was superb today.

I would also recommend the Gletschergrotte restaurant just off the blue run into the village. snowHead
snow report
I'm not sure I will get to go skiing today. It's been a very long time since I've seen so much snow in Verbier.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Snowcover building nicely ...

snow report
Quite nice in Zinal right now. I'd post pics if I knew how, but you can view some here: www.skizinal.blogspot.com
latest report
posted some pics of flumserberg in a separate thread! off back to it tmr Smile
snow report
Just got back from a week in Zermatt. Tons of snow on arrival & continued to snow. Pisteurs progressively opening pistes. Off piste soft and deep but submerged rocks a hazard. Had a great time falling & being burried waste deep.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lechbob/StarredPhotos/photo#5144734808989197426

Long T-bars gave access to Cervinia on Monday. Sky cleared on Wednesday for a sunny skiing day. Zermatt side totally sheltered from wind but amazed to see gales rattling down valley on Cervinia side stopping skiing and access. Unpisted runs now treacherous with 3 cm slabs of ice crusting the surface, level 3 avalanche warning. High pressure on Thursday & Friday gave lovely sunny but cold conditions. Top gondola opened on Thursday to give access to Cervinia but slopes stripped by the wind on Italian side. Pistes compacting on Zermatt side on a fabulous base which will ensure good skiing through to New Year. Lots of ice rocks & marbles on lower runs into resort.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 17-12-07 2:21; edited 12 times in total
latest report
Quote:

Lots of ice rocks & marbles on lower runs into resort.
aka: "death cookies" Skullie
snow report
The best skiing at the moment is still in the smaller ski stations that have not had the volume of holiday traffic on them. Our local station Hoch Ybrig had 6 inches of new snow just before New Year and it is still skiable now. Flumserberg apparently is the same, with Engleberg getting good press as well.

It is January cold though...

snowHead
snow report
Family skiing in Sattel-Hochstuckli on New Years day. The pistes (1200m-1500m) were still powder (didn't ski back to the car park mind) and the off piste was well cut up but still soft.

We seem to have some of that west wind weather coming though a bit like this time last year Sad Snow is forecast for Saturday night but I prefer the Swss TV forecast that predicts freezing at 1000m to MeteoSchweiz who say 1800m

Powderhound, is the chairlift at Unteriberg closed in the winter now. I believe you live out that way.
snow conditions
Yes, the Unteriberg chair seems to have had the chairs taken off it and it gets used as a luge run in summer. The Oberiberg chair - Laucheren - is open all the time though. We are 200m short of it; if you are passing let me know...
snow report
Was out snowboarding in Flumserberg, near Zurich, today (Sunday 6th).

It was snowing hard all day.
Great snow conditions: lots of soft powdery snow Very Happy

Thanks to the bad weather the slopes were very quiet for the most part, though at times it was pretty much a white-out. I don't know what off-piste conditions were like since I'm not really up to that, but most tracks i could see from the lifts were pretty much obliterated during the day so probably reasonable-to-good (avalanche warning level 3 was flashing though, FWIW).

I'm no expert, but I think this extra fall (and there's more forecast for tomorrow) should refresh the slopes nicely (official website says 10-15 cm new snow already). snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy