Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally Snowing in Finland!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Winter is coming to north! Finally. We already lost our alpine world cup race due to lack of snow, but now the snow god has released some little amount of snow. I hope it stays on the ground. Ok, who is interested if it is snowing in Hellsinki? Heh.. not many, but for me it means that it is time to take my Seth Pistols out of the closet.

Yiiiihhaa!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael Palin's favourite place:-

Finland, Finland, Finland,
The country where I want to be,
Pony trekking or camping,
Or just watching TV.
Finland, Finland, Finland.
It's the country for me.

You're so near to Russia,
So far from Japan,
Quite a long way from Cairo,
Lots of miles from Vietnam.

The country where I want to be,
Eating breakfast or dinner,
Or snack lunch in the hall.
Finland has it all.

You're so sadly neglected
And often ignored,
A poor second to Belgium,
When going abroad.

The country where I quite want to be,
Your mountains so lofty,
Your treetops so tall.
Finland has it all.

The country where I quite want to be,
Your mountains so lofty,
Your treetops so tall.
Finland has it all.

Finland has it all.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
im interested,im hopefully going to finland in february,the webcams already look snowey though,how much is coming?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
notverygoodatskiing, Finland is beautiful, I was there a couple of years ago. You will have no problem with snow in February.

This is Finland (Ruka) in February:

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is snowing today again but just a little.

It is very beautiful in Lappland in winter time. I was born in there and I spent 20 years above the Arctic Circle. It is exactly like in the picture above.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It has all melted. This is really grazy. Yesterday I saw pictures from Chamonix with lots of snow there's really nothing in here and we are in north.. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marko.pyhajarvi, where abouts in finland are you,levi,yllas and other webcams look snowey?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I live in Hellsinki and I go skiing here in southern Finland. I come from Lappland which is 1000 km to north from here. There is snow up there but not here in south.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marko.pyhajarvi, can u point me to any good sites for self-catering accomodation in finland for this feb?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh, I'm not sure. May I ask what kind of accomodations? Are you coming here for skiing or something? I could find out if I know a bit more about your goals. Do you mean hostels with self-catering? There are few hostels in Helsinki but not much in rural areas such as ski resorts.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dudes, it's finally snowing here.. It is January and it seems we can finally go skiing next weekend. What a miserable winter..
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Moi! Miten menee?

Can any of our Finnish friends provide me with a snow report for Finland. I'm off to Himos at the end of February, but I am told that there is very little snow at the moment Sad

What's going on guys? - Finland, Jan/Feb and no snow!!!?? I heard that you even had a 'black christmas'!!!

Kiitos
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Moikka, oikein hyvin, kiitos kysymästä!
Hi, pretty good, thanks for asking!

Heh.. how should I say? This winter sucks. We just received some snow yesterday here in Helsinki, but it is melting again. Yesterday it was raining very much.

My brothers live in northern Finland (1000 km to north from Helsinki) and they report that there is almost a real winter. I believe there will be snow in the end of February, but January seems to be wet.

Check out the condition here on daytime:
PYHA: http://www.pyha.fi/talvi/frontpage/web-kamerat/
LEVI: http://www.levi.fi/pages/index.php?id=101&language=eng_win
RUKA: http://www.ruka.fi/webcams/
HIMOS: http://www.himos.fi/blog/index.php?m=default&a=view&id=143

Yes, it was a black Christmas. This is absolutely strange. It is probably due to climate change. Not sure, but that's how I understand it.

How is it in Birmingham?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kiitos Marko!

Birmingham is ‘enjoying’ the usual British weather of rain, wind, grey skies and temperatures that are one day +3 and the next day +14…….typical winter weather Confused

It is great to see that you are ‘promoting’ Finland to me and other snowheads. I really like Scandinavia (my favourite part of the world). Okay, top of my list is Sweden (should I be saying this to a Finn?! rolling eyes ), but a close second is Finland. I’ve lots of Scandies as friends, so I try to visit them as much as I can…….it gets me away from the fantastic British weather!

I’ve never been to Lapland, but have heard that it’s spectacular in both Winter and Summer. I tried to convince my friend in Helsinki to take me to Lapland but she says that even the internal flights (from Helsinki) are expensive, so it may have to be a long car journey one day

I know that Himos does not provide as good a skiing as in Lapland, but what are your thoughts about Himos as a resort in the South of Finland. I’m a skiing novice, so I do not need lots of black runs and slopes that will challenge me. Just good slopes, snow (I hope!), an enjoyable resort and somewhere I can try and work on my skiing so that I can improve

Moi moi!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, sounds much like the weather in here. At least not better here.

I'm glad to hear you like Scandinavia. Skiing in here is not that staggering, but our culture may provide something interesting. Something more than just Santa Claus Smile

Heh.. I like Sweden as well. My brother lives in there and I really enoy travelling to Sweden.

Lapland is best on late July, early August. May be September because of the colours and less mosquitos. Winter in there is great as well. I love skywatching in Lapland because there are big areas without artificial light. Northern ligts are awesome in there and coming out from sauna when there is -35 degrees is absolutely great. Skywatching is my other hobby. You can read more in http://homeboyastronomy.com.

Flights are expensive in here, as well as everything else. This is an expensive country, but hopefully not as expensive as Norway. I recommend you to take a train to Lapland and the continue by buss. Notice that travelling up there takes time because busses drive just a couple of times a day..

Himos is pretty good if you are a beginner. There is a cheap bus from Helsinki city center straight to Himos and back (http://www.himos.fi/sijainti/himos-matkat.html). That is in Finnish but I can summarise it in English if you wish.

Welcome to Finland!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy