Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing In Leicestershire...

Poster: A snowHead
Having a quick chat to my boss about when we are both gonna get out on the slopes and he mentioned this:

www.coldashbygolfclub.com/skiing.html

Love the way there's the disclaimer at the bottom of the pic says "Picture may not be of Cold Ashby" Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does Cold Ashby get much snow then?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
God knows! My boss reckons when it does snow though the hill are good for some nice turns and any opportunity to have a go skiing over a golf course can't be missed!! What would the club secretary say!! Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Northamptonshire?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apparently Ashby had more snow in December last year than any other major European resort! Just a rumour however.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bh1, it's on the Leics/Northants border isn't it?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha! I've played Golf there. I remember seeing the skilifts and wondering how often they got used! Certainly a long enough run and decent enough gradient to enjoy.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carled, will pray for snow and we may have the 'Midlands Alps' on our doorsteps!! :0
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone should contact Snowsport england - they may be able to hold races there. snowHead
skiqueen2
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carled wrote:
Ha! I've played Golf there. .

Never mind, everyone's got a skeleton in their closet somewhere wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wot no piste map, is this englands La Grave....?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have played golf there, the whole skiing thing is a bit of a gimmick but the hill however, which is actually part of the golf course, is known locally as "Cardiac Hill". For obvious reasons!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best snow on the upper greens rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have actually skied Cold Ashby, with Austin 7!
OK, so it was when I was at school - which I left in 1988.....
Each winter, they set up a drag lift and borrowed a load of skis from one of the dry slopes.
So there were only 2 runs - one to the right of the lift, and one to the left..
And we had to walk there, through the snow - we lived in a small village a few miles away,
But it was great - especially as it was on a school day- the buses couldn't get through because of all the snow so we had a week off...
Roll on opening day of the season then....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Absolutely Northamptonshire, certainly not anything at all to do with that Salt and Linnekar lot next door....

...and as K says, I've skied it too ! Its on a hill. Not just any hill, you understand, its on the edge of the Northamptonshire hills, a geological feature that stretches, with various names, down to London or the south or somewhere. It's quite big, anyway. At the Cold Ashby end, the 'escarpment' is actually quite pronounced and clearly visible for some distance - local legend is that on a clear day, from the nearby high point of Honey Hill (so called because it was covered in gorse and had bees there - gorse which some Sad of a farmer grubbed up a few years back - and then wondered why all his soil blew away.....) you can see 5 counties - though as you're standing in one of those you can see..... maybe if you include Coventry, its now technically 6 - maybe 5 1/2.....

Anyway, its a hill, it has snow on it, and it has skiing, so its cool Very Happy

...and if we all sign up for the skiing mailing list on the CA golf club link above, we could have an impromptu UK-season bash !
ski holidays
Would it be seen as a blue or red run? Very Happy

Loved the picture and the caption as well Very Happy
ski holidays
Believe it or not, probably red - just ! The hill has a short, but quite steep, section, flattening off after.
snow conditions
This is incredible. It may have just redeemed my season! I can't go abroad this year (won't bore you with the details) but I am definately going to vennture across to the Leicstershire/Northants border for a bit of weekend fun! Snow permitting but so far its looking very promising! They've porbably had some snow already, Derby did any way...
snow report
austin7, sorry to disagree with you but it's on a golf course therefore it's a GREEN run.........

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 23-11-07 9:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Well, I've emailed them to get on their mailing list. But I'm still not totally convinced...

Is this where you all start laughing & tell me how gullible I am?
latest report
Jo225 wrote:
Is this where you all start laughing & tell me how gullible I am?

No, they do that in the car park shortly after you've put on ski boots and start walking over to the lift wink
latest report
Jo225, just don't forget to take your golf equipment with you............just incase Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Got a nice email back from them - apparently they havn't had enough snow to do anything for the past six years, but they are not giving up hope... Fingers crossed! snowHead
snow report
How bizzare. I do believe that Cold Ashby is the highest point in Northants and also the highest point of all things to the east on the same latitude right to the continent, hence it's name "COLD Ashby" because when that Siberian wind blows.............
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy