Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Atomic Boot Camp - Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
A word of warning if you are utilising the Chalet organised transfer...

In theory the Mercedes Vito minibus will seat 8, which it does.

However, luggage and skis for 8 plus bodies does not leave much room at all. They have a roof box for skis, but if the bus is full up with bodies, this does not leave much for luggage.

So pack light!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, I was wondering about this last night (leaving on the 24th) which would you say would be best, suitcase or holdall ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anything soft and small.

Errr, let me rephrase that.

Don't turn up with a hard shell large suitcase.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
veeeight, thanks for the tip - was also wondering.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had 8 decent sized holdalls in the back, big squeeze, but they went in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman wrote:
We had 8 decent sized holdalls in the back, big squeeze, but they went in.
Yes, I remember you and Kitty taking a lot of luggage - and iirc the other 6 on the bus couldn't get their luggage on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, That's right you had to get the minibus the next day with your kit iirc. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight,

It was 3 nights Veeeight how much luggage did you need Wink Rule 1 of Ski Club - wear the same smelly clothes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
plectrum, twas not me, twas my 5 other companions...... wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
People take skis to an Atomic test event Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hi all 8 of us are going on the 1/12 does this mean the bus will leave as soon as arrive no waiting for later flights ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

People take skis to an Atomic test event

It can be a good comparison tactic - ski your own skis on day one, to get your skiing legs back, test the Atomic kit days 2 and/or 3 - then a useful comparison can be made against what you know or normally ski.

Quote:

does this mean the bus will leave as soon as arrive no waiting for later flights

The bus will almost certainly leave no earlier than say 2030 (I'm guessing here) - as it will be delivering a group to catch their homeward flights haing left Tignes around 1600. Factor in a little time for the driver to get parked, toilet stop, feeding, watering etc., and by the time that's all done it will be remarkably close to the scheduled run time anyway.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks for repy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had an e-mail from Mountainsun but can't find it, re: transfers.

So it's like this: transfers from Geneva > Tignes leave the airport AFTER 9pm (meaning a mid-afternoon flight from the UK) and transfers from Tignes > Geneva neccessitate a flight leaving GVA after 4pm?

Thinking about going about 10th December - does anyone know if easyjet (or other airlines) will be opening up flights to GVA from more airports? Currently, East Midlands is the only local airport that'll get me to Geneva for cheapo money.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Transfers Geneva Airport to resort leave after 2100 (whenever the last flight in is.)

Transfers from resort to Geneva Airport leave Tignes shortly after 1600, allow 3+ hours for the transfer, so do not book a flight leaving Geneva earlier than 2030.
latest report
veeeight, cool
ski holidays
Ball sacks - no transfers left for when I want to go. Next best thing is a hire car. Boo hoo - didn't fancy driving!! Plus it's £65, which is staring to make this cheap trip into monster spendathon!!!
How far is it from Geneva to Tignes and is it a nailbiter of a journey or a nice jaunt on pleasant roads?
ski holidays
Specialman, from what I've read and looked into (I'm driving myself), about three hours from Geneva to Tignes, via Annecy and Albertville. Sounds a fairly straightforward route, with the exception of going through the middle of Annecy. I'll let you know what the route is like once I've done it!

Good luck!
ski holidays
Think I won't bother with the trip. £200+ for the accomodation/lift passes, £70 for car hire, £150 for flights and £50 for airport parking - it's gonna be £550+ once we've spent a few bob on booze.

Pants Sad
ski holidays
veeeight wrote:
Quote:

People take skis to an Atomic test event

It can be a good comparison tactic - ski your own skis on day one, to get your skiing legs back, test the Atomic kit days 2 and/or 3 - then a useful comparison can be made against what you know or normally ski.

Quote:

does this mean the bus will leave as soon as arrive no waiting for later flights

The bus will almost certainly leave no earlier than say 2030 (I'm guessing here) - as it will be delivering a group to catch their homeward flights haing left Tignes around 1600. Factor in a little time for the driver to get parked, toilet stop, feeding, watering etc., and by the time that's all done it will be remarkably close to the scheduled run time anyway.

To be absolutely clear - the transfer will be ready to leave from 19.30 (after doing drop off) but will wait for the last flight to come in. This is often 21.25. The transfer therefore either meets you at 19.30 or 21.30 depending on the last person's flight your particular transfer. You'd be notified what time to meet prior to your travel date.
snow report
Specialman wrote:
Had an e-mail from Mountainsun but can't find it, re: transfers.

So it's like this: transfers from Geneva > Tignes leave the airport AFTER 9pm (meaning a mid-afternoon flight from the UK) and transfers from Tignes > Geneva neccessitate a flight leaving GVA after 4pm?

Thinking about going about 10th December - does anyone know if easyjet (or other airlines) will be opening up flights to GVA from more airports? Currently, East Midlands is the only local airport that'll get me to Geneva for cheapo money.

Return flight needs to be AFTER 9pm if you are using MS transfers.
snow conditions
snowshine wrote:
Specialman, from what I've read and looked into (I'm driving myself), about three hours from Geneva to Tignes, via Annecy and Albertville. Sounds a fairly straightforward route, with the exception of going through the middle of Annecy. I'll let you know what the route is like once I've done it!

Good luck!

You don't have to go via Annecy, you can go via motorway. I did that when I went out last week and it took around 2 & half hours but you have to pay for motorway tolls if you go that way... IF anyone needs directions from Geneva to Tignes drop me an email and I will mail you both routes.
latest report
Poor Joanne Mountainsun, .. you try and offer a superb service, as many here can testify, and you get mullified ( see MSS for the ultimate pointless aggravation) rolling eyes

BTW - 'Autoroute'/ Motorway is quicker imho ...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy