Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Fernie had its first real snow fall in the town last night. Woke up to about 5-10cm on the ground, very exciting for someone from the isle of wight Very Happy

I think it is supposed to go a bit wet later today but then a bit more snow expected in a couple of days.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhotoTim wrote:

I think it is supposed to go a bit wet later today but then a bit more snow expected in a couple of days.

Welcome to Fernie wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Mike, are you in fernie this season? Your profiles says you are in Japan??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the update - see you two weeks today Very Happy Where're you living?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No not in Fernie. Was more a welcome to Fernie's 'snow' patterns.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow, glad to see your back on the pow. Off to austria tonite for 4 days. Il email you some fotos when i return!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just read in admin's email that "conditions in Fernie beginning to shape up nicely".

Err, this is not entirely true. All the snow we have had has melted and turned to rain. There is none forecast for the next week (although it could all change last minute) and up the top of the mountain its only about knee height.

Everyones getting a bit twitchy here rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"Go to Canada" they said; "it snows a metre a day" they said... rolling eyes Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhotoTim wrote:

Err, this is not entirely true. All the snow we have had has melted and turned to rain.

Typical from my experiences over the last 25yrs Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:

Typical from my experiences over the last 25yrs Sad

Why didn't anyone tell me this before I came to Fernie Confused

I'm sure it'll dump soon...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fernie's weather has a habit of changing suddenly, in January 2005 when I was there it was -30 most of the week but then during 1 day it got so mild that the snow that was falling turned to rain overnight! Sad

The day I left to go home it was pouring down with rain, it has been the only time I didn't envy the people coming in! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RichardB, you really know how to cheer a ski bum up, don't you? rolling eyes Laughing Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I try Sharkymark, I try! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing now and opening is still not till Dec 8.
Hope to at least hike the ID/MT border tomorrow if conditions persist.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snow? where?!!
latest report
pinhead, lucky git Going green
latest report
RichardB wrote:
Fernie's weather has a habit of changing suddenly, in January 2005 when I was there it was -30 most of the week but then during 1 day it got so mild that the snow that was falling turned to rain overnight! Sad

The day I left to go home it was pouring down with rain, it has been the only time I didn't envy the people coming in! rolling eyes

I was there then, remember only too well, I stayed through Feb, waited almost 3 weeks before it cooled down and snowed again.
snow conditions
still
no
snow
latest report
this website gives a detailed unofficial snow report on fernie and lots of other info

http://far.redtree.com/cgmrep.html
snow report
Winter storm warning for N. ID and NW MT sure to hit Fernie too. In 24 hours reports will be different and ski areas should be opening by the weekend except Fernie listed as 12/8 open.
ski holidays
Someone please tell BAA not to strike on the 29th December... rolling eyes
snow report
yesterday we had 6-8inches I think. There is more forecast for tonight too.
snow report
Lookout opens Thur, Silver Friday for N. ID the season has arrived.

Backcountry scary ice lens on veg is the base layer. with as of 11/27 16" on top.
latest report
Its dumpin! Woke up to nearly a foot of fluffy stuff and its still coming now (1:30pm). Forecast is for more snow tonight and tomorrow and then turning to rain again, booooooooo.
snow report
All that lovely powder was washed away leaving a mess of slush. That then froze making walking around town drunk even more difficult and precarious!

The hill opened yesterday with about 15 runs open. Conditions down the bottom are bad but people have said its not as bad as you would think up top. Its snowing lightly now with a light coating in town. A little more in forecast for wednesday and I'll probably get up on the hill then so will have a better idea.
snow report
Went up the hill yesterday and the day before. Conditions were surprisingly good with a fair amount a powder about (talking from limited experience, i.e. the 2007 EOSB). The forecast is for snow tonight and tomorrow (sat) so hopefully things should improve.
snow conditions
Nice one PhotoTim. Craig Morris' blog doesn't make for such optimistic reading - is a decent base starting to form top to bottom? Maybe the difference between what a Canadian local and a European visitor classifies as "good conditions" is apparent there?

We've pretty much decided that Big Mountain (MT) then Fernie (not Utah) will be the venues for our 23 Jan - 2 Feb trip so further regular updates would be very much appreciated! Is it snowing right now? Looks good on the cams. snowHead
snow report
Check out Craig blog now. I had a wicked time this morning playing in the powder. The locals keep telling me the conditions are not what they should be, but for me, its pretty amazing! There are endless bowls and runs just waiting to be discovered, so many different places to play and we only have 40 out of 111 runs open!

More snow is forecast in the next few days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhotoTim, powder day today? 16cm in the last 24hrs and "snow, heavy at times" forecast for tonight. snowHead

We've just booked our flights so I am now in official sleep-countdown mode. 36 to go...
snow report
Hi, yeah its snowing now fairly constantly but its a bit wet in town. It might be powdery up top. I took a day off because snowboarding from 9 till 3 then working 3 till 11pm is taking its toll! The 600 Californian Uni students staying with us are also making work a little hectic and stressful! I have a day off tomorrow so will head up on the first lift to get some first tracks, will report back....
snow report
PhotoTim, lightweight Twisted Evil Not envious at all... Going green

9 days to go... snowHead snowHead
latest report
Sharkymark, I can get you 10% of your lift tickets...aren't you a lucky boy Smile
latest report
PhotoTim, is that lift pass discount an offer for all snowheads...?
latest report
Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings

Elk Valley
7.48 PM PST Wednesday 19 December 2007
Snowfall warning for
Elk Valley continued

Further snowfall amounts up to 20 cm are expected by Thursday afternoon.

snowHead snowHead snowHead

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc18
latest report
yeah thats right! been snowing for last couple of says almost constantly. its 9:11am here now and we had maybe 15cm over night so I'm about to head up the hill!
ski holidays
FERNIE SNOW REPORT http://www.skifernie.com/conditions/snow-report.aspx

Date: Thursday, December 20, 2007
Time: 8:09:40 AM

SNOW FALL

24 Hour: 19 cm / 7 in Snow Pack: 134 cm / 53 in
48 Hour: 34 cm / 13 in Year to Date: 264 cm /104 in
7 Day: 59 cm / 23 in
Measurements taken at mid-mountain - elevation 1645m

Webcams looking good... http://www.skifernie.com/conditions/mountain-cam.aspx

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
hd, Just got back...ooooooooooooooooooooooo lordy.

I can't ride in trees or ride powder and today my house mates made me do both at once! I got stuck in thigh deep powder! soooooooo much snow up there its crazy.

As for lift passes, I'm afraid I only have a limited number of vouchers and they are saved for my far-too-well-off brother and my friends who are visiting. I work at the fernie lodging company on the hill so pop in to guest services and say hi when you are here. If you need any rental, boot fitting, waxing, repairs, tuning, snowmobiling, massages, cat skiing, dog sledding or snow shoeing then come see me Very Happy
snow conditions
PhotoTim, OMG only 8 days to go. How much better is it than Val T in April... Twisted Evil
latest report
i'll come and see you on Weds then PhotoTim, Smile I'm staying at the Wolf's Den for 10 nights and i left it too late to get my skis to spyderjon so they are in need of a wax!
latest report
Hi Ian, if you are talking about wednesday the 26th, I have that off! I'll be working 7-3 on the 27th and 28th and 3-11 on the 29th and 30th at timberline front desk. You can drop your skis off at the front desk and they will be waxed ready for pick up in the morning. Quick tune (wax and sharpen) is $35 (inc tax) and full tune (wax, sharpen, minor repair, base grind) is $45.

Have you been to fernie before?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy