Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leysin, Alpes Vaudoises 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowfall trailing off this morning (15nov07) but fantastic start to the season and fingers crossed for lifts opening this weekend.....they just have to dig out the snow cannons.....Smile

Village level (1250m) - 50cms

On the slopes (1700m) - 70cms

Temps -3C today -2C tomorrow OC Sat +4C Sun +9/10C Mon/Tues/Wed

7-day Leysin forecast Metcheck

6-10 day Leysin forecast Accuweather

Today's Swiss Avalanche warnings Davos Institute

Today's Leysin weather commentary and pics: Meteo-Leysin

Leysin's snow stats from 1953 by month/depth: Bilan neige

Lift Opening Info. Télé-Leysin

60 or so Webcams Léman Region: Region du Léman
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Going to Leysin 13th December how do you expect snow conditions to be then.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a bit early to say, steven950, but I'll get some hard information. Just came back late last night for a week. There was quite a bit of rain over the weekend, which hasn't helped, but temperature at resort level steady at 1C today, burning blue skies as well.

They're trying to keep Berneuse open at weekends, so will have a chat with them tomorrow. I think the early snow caught a lot of local resorts by surprise, and we were lucky to open up.

I'm not a great fan of the 10-15 day forecast, but here it is: http://tinyurl.com/2axeyb and our local weather geek: http://www.meteoleysin.com/ who keeps excellent records, and reports on a daily basis, but not into forecasting unless you catch him in the pub.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. Sounds a bit early to book passes or equipment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steven950, I think you're right, and no problem with delaying passes or equipment, you'll have a good choice when you arrive.

They've had the lifts running up to Berneuse, the last couple of weekends, and things have been busy. But last night was a bit of a dampener - mild, strong winds (unusual) rain. As I write (Monday 3 Dec. 0630) resort temp. 2C and mod. snow, so hopefully that's topping up the pistes.

Good forecast this week, but getting very mild and sunny on the 11-15 day forecast. You might consider a back-up plan of getting up to the glacier at Les Diablerets?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Left for Blighty at 1400 from the resort, with around 6-8cms of fresh snow, temp around 1C, and reports of 100km/hr+ winds the night before (111km/hr @ 0400). Leysin village is at 1250m, although down at 800m and below no signs of precipitation. Village humming with anticipation of a good season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy