Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire - Basic or Advanced??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am about to prebook skis in Lech (70cm/210cm - YIPPEE) and have been offered quite a choice in terms of ski quality, ranging between 3* (€102 for six days) up to 6*(€234 for six days). Does it really make any difference to a low to medium level intermediate what ski quality I go for. I am inclined to go for 4*(€139 for six days) but I would pay more if I felt I was going to loose out on experience/performance although paying almost €200 extra per couple when there is no actual benefit would probably be rather silly.

Advice greatly appreciated

Barry O S.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would say just go for the 3* or 4*, the 4* will probably just be newer skis and from what you've said you'll be fine.

End of the day they always let you upgrade in resort anyway.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BarryOS wrote:
I am about to prebook skis in Lech (70cm/210cm - YIPPEE) and have been offered quite a choice in terms of ski quality, ranging between 3* (€102 for six days) up to 6*(€234 for six days). Does it really make any difference to a low to medium level intermediate what ski quality I go for. I am inclined to go for 4*(€139 for six days) but I would pay more if I felt I was going to loose out on experience/performance although paying almost €200 extra per couple when there is no actual benefit would probably be rather silly.

Advice greatly appreciated

Barry O S.

Barry

I remained to be convinced that you get better value from pre booking. Myonly experience is turning up at ski shop in ADH with a shop keeper trying to fob us off with skis with gaping hotels in teh ptex- he didn't get away with it Toofy Grin I'd be inclined to wait till you get there your TO or hotel will prob be able to arrange a deal for you. you can then choose at the time
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I remained to be convinced that you get better value from pre booking. Myonly experience is turning up at ski shop in ADH with a shop keeper trying to fob us off with skis with gaping hotels in teh ptex- he didn't get away with it I'd be inclined to wait till you get there your TO or hotel will prob be able to arrange a deal for you. you can then choose at the time

And remember to ask for a discount Toofy Grin

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BarryOS,

I have to balance getting the ski I want with not carrying it to and fro and all the secondary expense after that, so never commit to one shop. I doubt they will tell you what skis they have put by anyway....understandably....so why commit up front.

I always try and make time to get my skis as soon as I arrive, if poss' and will trawl the whole village if I have to. I'll have a short-list and tell the guy what I am loking for....and he then knows I am likely to walk out of the shop unless he can pursuade me otherwise.

My main criteria isn't price tho' it is getting the ski I want so a good selection is best.

I accept in resorts you don't know, that this can be a lottery .....!! Undecided whether to buy what I think I'll want or keep hring and find little gems that suit local conditions better.

Since you don't know what the difference between the skis they offer are, I'd pay that bit extra and take the chance.
Personally, pick you own hire-shop if the savings aren't substantial..cut your deal or pick the closest..or both
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last year, I booked online for a pair of skis and boots to be picked up at one of the shops near the Hotel Diva in Val Claret.

The online price was something just over £40 for the week.
We thought there must be a catch, but no , turned up with a printout of the booking form and got a good pair of boots and a reasonable pair of skis,All trouble free.

Others in our party who did not book online paid I think, 45 % more.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy