Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which route???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
all,
driving from geneva to 3v in a few weeks Very Happy
i have read elsewhere suggestions that going via the motorway(chambery) is quicker than going alongside annecy lake to albertville Puzzled

please help, which is the best/quickest route?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on the time of day. Annecy is slow during rush hours and other busy times, but otherwise I'd say that's the quicker route. And by far the more attractive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
will be driving @mid-day on the saturday, what impact will that have?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
addo, going out on a limb, and not actually being resident abroad, I'd say at this time of year, at that time on a Saturday, you should be alright via Annecy. Later on, when the season gets going, Annecy can get rather snarled up.

In April it is lovely, and well worth a stop. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
addo, the worlld and his dog will be out shopping.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
addo,

You could go down to Sallanches and the Val du Arly, through to Flumet, Ugine and onto Albertville via the N212. Nice attractive route..!!!

Just an alternative..

If it were me, I'd look at N201 to Annecy, N508 to Ugine and then onto Albertville
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just be Careful with that Axe, Ugine Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quicker but boring route staying on main route to Chambery I'd day. I wouldn't suggest Sallanches, Megeve and Val du Arly - nice scenery and all that but so twisty and turny going down the Arly gorge - nutters overtaking on bends etc or you could get stuck behind a slow lorry. Plus any passengers prone to car sickness will suffer
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
addo, It will depend on whether you stick to the speed limits. A lot of the road through Annecy and around the lake is 50km/h, the rest is 90km/h apart from the dual carriageway between Ugine and Albertville.

Going via the autoroute to Chambery takes about half an hour less for me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are roadworks along the Lake at Annecy which will hold you up at tempoary traffic lights for 10 mins or so in two seperate places. Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
as its a short break, we obviously want to get there as quick as poss.
i have been to megeve and reckon that would take @1.5hrs just to there so that seems a long way round Confused

is anybody able to break the distances down? ie. how long to chambery, how long to annecy etc. snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's quicker round the other side of the lake and then on to Ugine and Albertville misses all the Annecy town traffic
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you are going to take 90mins to get to Megeve, then best you stick to the motorway
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy